Gibson Brands Forums

To All The Bass Guys

MrNylon

Hey what's up GSGBASS! I bet you get some huge deep tones with your rig? How do you like your Marshall stack? I'm thinking about gettin a 70s era Ampeg for some 70s country tone...you know, when they mixed bass right up there with the vocals. anybody wanna chime in on what they think I might dig? I have a recent USA P-bass btw.

Hey vincentw, I think you're going in right direction using the Ampeg with your MIA P Bass. I was using Ampeg for a while with a P Bass and a G&L SB-2. You may consider looking into Mesa Bass gear. I went to a Mesa set up that sounded good. M6 Carbine head, and a 2X12 cab. Then one day it had nagged at me to get back to the EB0 bass that have liked since 1969. The SG Std. was as close for me as I will get. I ran it through the Marshall gear at the local Marshall dealer. I'm using the MB450H and the MBC410 and love the sound of the SG through it. The Mesa was good, very good in fact. For the G&L and the Fender I thought the Mesa totally kicked. I just like the Marshall and the Gibson. You may like the Marshall sound with your P Bass. It has an attack, a great bottom, and a total attitude. Marshall is still Marshall. When I was a roadie, I was called Lord Of The Amps, (LOTA) like Tarzan was Lord Of The Apes. I was in charge of the amps from casters to handles and everything else in between. Sorry I yaked at you, I dig the hell out of amps. Keep in touch, we don't much company stoping by here in the Bassment.

Glenn...(LOTA)

Gibson wielding bass players are clearly crazed and dangerous people!

I gotta say I had a good time, too. Indian food with my wife and then an evening listening to our son play his trumpet at a small restaurant with a combo of other jazz musicians. It was the family thing, only with a twist, and a whole lot of fun.

Hey vincentw; I changed my half stack to the Marshall MB4210 Combo. It has the MB450H head with 2X12's, and HF horn. 300 Watts @ 4ohms, 450 watts @ 2ohms. Dual footswitch.

Archived