Gibson Brands Forums

Kramer Striker Custom FR-424CM neck question

Defnist

My local guitar center does not have this guitar available and I want to know what kind of neck does it have, is it the same as an ibanez neck such as the wizard(1,2, or 3) or a les paul neck?(I heard it was like a les paul neck) i want to know how thin it is because if I am going to buy it(and chose over the sterling JP50 satin black) i want it to have a thin neck. I wouldn't be able to play it and I could only buy it online unfortunately.

Not sure about this one..............I think it's an old model now. I can confirm that my 2010 Pacer Classic has a neck more akin to that of a Les Paul, probably an Epi LP..............i.e. mid way between a Gibson '60s and '50s neck.

If you like Ibby necks you may be better sticking with that brand. The import Jackson I tried a month or so back had a thin neck but I found the fingerboard to be very wide and flat too.

Alan

Not sure about this one..............I think it's an old model now. I can confirm that my 2010 Pacer Classic has a neck more akin to that of a Les Paul, probably an Epi LP..............i.e. mid way between a Gibson '60s and '50s neck.

If you like Ibby necks you may be better sticking with that brand. The import Jackson I tried a month or so back had a thin neck but I found the fingerboard to be very wide and flat too.

Alan

Thanks man! I tried out the music man Jp50(sterling model cheaper version) I liked it a lot! So Ima buy that knowing the kramer has a thicker neck, I have heard from a friend it was like a Epi les paul and wanted to see if it was true thank you a lot! :)

Archived