Gibson Brands Forums

The Pub Thread

Duende

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matt...

The Glenfiddich is a bit bland for me. Laphroaig has a bit more taste. Some of the "cigar malts" that I believe are aged in sherry casks are rather nice too. Otherwise... just a decent brandy at room temperature, a cup of strong, but not bitter coffee and a glass of icewater... Yeah, looks odd to have three "drinks" at once, but... There certainly is some sort of a metaphor there. <grin>

m

Pippy...

The tipple of choice is excellent.

But... I hope the haggis recipe is one of the more updated ones. <grin>

m

LOL!

McSween's finest traditional recipe, no less.

Of the six adults present three were French and they all enjoyed it immensely. They even made a decent go of reading Burns' "To A Haggis"!!

P.

Pippy...

Usually I get an annual "Burns Day" note from a friend in Brisbane, Oz, who is from Scotland originally. He's really into the traditional stuff. But... with the floods, I haven't seen so many notes from him recently.

m

Nothing wrong about having more than one drink in front of you.

Everyday after work, my wife mixes me up a bloody caesar that goes along with a PBR in the can. For some reason, they just work together. Never mixed together though. Every now and again a shot of tequila is added to make it a trio.

Dave

LOL!

McSween's finest traditional recipe, no less.

Of the six adults present three were French and they all enjoyed it immensely. They even made a decent go of reading Burns' "To A Haggis"!!

P.

They were politer than my friends in Rouen were when I cooked them Christmas pudding then... 'C'est ça le pudding!' + hysterics ≠ great chieftain of the pudding race...

• 2 weeks later...

Your such a gaylord!!! Man up!!

Simon how is the Slash Tribute drag act coming on. With you blonde wig and Slash signature guitar you really looked the part singing your jazz version of "You Could Be mine" msp_flapper.gifmsp_flapper.gif

London Pride? YUK!!!

Matt

I played a concert last week and my old mentor Martin turned up! msp_crying.gifmsp_scared.gif He hasn't heard me since 2000 (when I did my performance diploma with him) I was very nervous knowing he was in the audience but also quite excited, as I wanted to show how much I had worked and kept playing the last 11 years since I last saw him properly.

At a very low point in my life, Martin's teaching got me back on my feet guitar playing wise but more importantly it inspired me to start enjoying life and fighting the good fight.

So with a wine in my hand I clink glasses with you all and say Cheers to Martin.

valpolicella_bottle.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg?t=1296939068

My malt of choice is always Islay. Longtime favorite is 16yr. Lagavulin. Currently enjoying Laphroaig Quarter Cask, Ardbeg Uigeadail and Ardbeg Corryvreckan also. I can't remember when my cabinet has been so well stocked. I'll be drinking Bowmore Legend to make them last.

My malt of choice is always Islay. Longtime favorite is 16yr. Lagavulin. Currently enjoying Laphroaig Quarter Cask, Ardbeg Uigeadail and Ardbeg Corryvreckan also. I can't remember when my cabinet has been so well stocked. I'll be drinking Bowmore Legend to make them last.

My wife and I did a drive around Scotland several years, ago, sampling what was local to whatever region we were in (after the car was parked for the night and we had secured the night's lodging). Came home a definite fan of the Islay and, in particular, the 16-year-old Lagavulin. I've got an unopened bottle, a situation that might have to be corrected tonight.

I'm envious of your cabinet!

My wife and I did a drive around Scotland several years, ago, sampling what was local to whatever region we were in (after the car was parked for the night and we had secured the night's lodging). Came home a definite fan of the Islay and, in particular, the 16-year-old Lagavulin. I've got an unopened bottle, a situation that might have to be corrected tonight.

I'm envious of your cabinet!

My Scotch cabinet isn't always so impressive. A perfect storm, of sorts, happened near the end of last summer and this is the result. I appreciate how (temporarily) fortunate I am. You have good taste. The drive you did is on my bucket list.

I enjoy the anonimity of the Lounge, and I am afraid the identity of the dairy would tie me to a locale.

I understand. Now, would you mind sharing what kind is that gorgeous guitar you've got there? I'd guess it's a r9... The flame and finish are insane; the kind I'm looking for...

I understand. Now, would you mind sharing what kind is that gorgeous guitar you've got there? I'd guess it's a r9... The flame and finish are insane; the kind I'm looking for...\

Actually it is a 1998 R8. It seems that most of the R8s today are plain tops, and the tiger-stripe flame is reserved for the the R9s. If you're looking for a tiger-stripe flame, don't overlook the older reissues.

R8headstock.jpg

R8paper0.jpg

Actually it is a 1998 R8. It seems that most of the R8s today are plain tops, and the tiger-stripe flame is reserved for the the R9s. If you're looking for a tiger-stripe flame, don't overlook the older reissues.

R8headstock.jpg

R8paper0.jpg

Oh, yeah... I might actually be looking for a r0... Not sure I can find an older 1 in that good a shape. That is a well kept one! I might have to go for a new one. Gorgeous, man [thumbup]

Archived