Gibson Brands Forums

NFL...Winding Down.

Murph

The Bears don't need a win Sunday, they've already clinched the NFC North, but I guess Lovie is sending the "A" team to Green Bay anyhow. If they win they will have swept the division.

My next choice in the NFC would be the Saints, but that's because of my years living in Lousiana.

I don't know who's gonna take the Patriots in the AFC, but hope somebody does.....

[wink]

Been a Packer backer for a while. I'd like to see the K.C. Chiefs do the AFC. My Dolphins were like the tape in the old Mission Impossible TV shows. "This tape will self-destruct in 5 seconds, Good Luck Jim". Jim didn't do so well as a Dolphin this season.

I hate having to play the Packers like this. I'm torn between wanting to see the starters healthy for the playoffs and wanting to see the Bears beat the Packers. If the Bears o-line does their job, we'll have a good run, but the Pats are looking better every week. Strange year. Every week there was a huge upset.

It's been a kinda' cool season. A lot of the regular top contenders are having to fight more to prove their metal. Not taking to many wins to get into the playoffs either.

Well, my team (Ravens) have a pretty good record, but most fans agree that they haven't performed up to their potential given all the great players on the team. Hopefully they will kick it up a notch in the playoffs.

It would be great if we beat the Bengals Sunday and the Browns do us a favor by beating the Steelers [-o<

I think it's rough that the Rams will get into the playoffs with an 8-8 record at best while other teams with a winning record won't even be a wild card.

While it is strange, it doesn't happen like that very often and I'm against any re-alignment.

I think if you win your division, good on ya.

Leave it alone.

I think it's rough that the Rams will get into the playoffs with an 8-8 record at best while other teams with a winning record won't even be a wild card.

Yeah, this is classic. Two 7-8 teams banging it out for the NFC West. I love it when the BCS haters whine about a college playoff modeled on the pro system, and in the same year a sub .500 team is on the verge of clinching the division and home field.

Honestly, I probably watched more pro football this year than I have in a long time, but it seems every season there is a new rule favoring the offense. I remember when a 17-14 game was as good as it gets. Now its not even an interesting game unless the final score is 41-38 behind the arm of a QB you cant tackle and a receiver you cant hit.

The Arizona Cardinals were very consistent this year.

They were since they pretty much totally sucked almost every single game.

Not only did they lose almost every game but they looked really bad doing it, really was one of those years where it was hard to own season tickets and watch them fumble away games week after week.

Oh well there's always next year...

Not only did they lose almost every game but they looked really bad doing it,

But......

They have a REALLY nice Stadium.....

My poor old Bears have to play out in the cold. It makes them cold, hard and mean.

[biggrin]

Go Colts! Maybe we can actually get to and win the Super Bowl again since we don't have all that winning almost every game thing hanging over our heads. Good to see them struggle and work for it.!

Not only did they lose almost every game but they looked really bad doing it, really was one of those years where it was hard to own season tickets and watch them fumble away games week after week.

Oh well there's always next year...

Hey retro I'm very good friends with one of the Cards asst' coaches. Matt Raich is from my home town. Played ball with my youngest brother. He was small in stature but one of the best athletes to come out of our high school. Great kid.

Archived