Gibson Brands Forums

Where do you hound-dogs live?????

onewilyfool

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in Anchorage, AK and grew up in Cincinnati, OH and have lived in WI & MN. Quit playing out about 30 years ago (long story) and slowly quit all together as I got involved in College & Sem. and then my family and career. I was primarily a bass player but kept my j160e through the years. It deteriorated through neglect and I traded it in on an 08 j45 MC last year. Some things came back easily but now I am down to hard work. It’s been fun and enjoyable. Life has been good. Three of my kids are trained musicians and all the rest play at least one instrument. I have learned a lot on this forum and please forgive for any dumb questions or comments I make.

I frequent three guitar shops: Mammoth Music, Pete’s Violin Shop, and The Horn Doctor.

ChasAK (Charlie)

First I want to say hello to the forum. I'm Markus and I life in Germany near the border to Venlo in the Netherlands.

I got my first Gibson (a J-45 TV) 4 weeks ago. I'm a Songwriter and play alternative country & folk music. It's hard to find other guys here in my area because alt. country music is not very popular. Most of them play Heavy Metal, Chart Covers, Electro... But I will do my best...;-). Writing lyrics is a challenge for me because of my bad school english. So if there is someone out there who have lyrics without music please let me know...

Have a nice day

Markus

Markus,

I lived in southern Bavaria for two years, absolutely beautiful.

There are of large number of websites that offer you the choice of chords and lyics, tabs and lyrics, or any combination you can think of, almost all are free. You can search by artist or song. chordie.com is one of my favorites. use multiple sites and compare the lyics and music, believe it or not you will see different interpretations.:-({|=

First I want to say hello to the forum. I'm Markus and I life in Germany near the border to Venlo in the Netherlands.

I got my first Gibson (a J-45 TV) 4 weeks ago. I'm a Songwriter and play alternative country & folk music. It's hard to find other guys here in my area because alt. country music is not very popular. Most of them play Heavy Metal, Chart Covers, Electro... But I will do my best...;-). Writing lyrics is a challenge for me because of my bad school english. So if there is someone out there who have lyrics without music please let me know...

Have a nice day

Markus

E minor you have always been the mysterious one. Here, you sound like Captain Kurtz from Apocalypse Now and we need to send Martin Sheen to look for you !!!

Bermuda! A waste land for acoustic guitars and accessories. I import everything - even strings and picks.

I live in Bozeman Mt. Why? Home of Gibson Acoustic Guitars. Home of Weber Mandolin. Home of Kopp Guitars. Home of Waverly Tuners.Home of Music Villa. Home of Larry Dimarzio. Former home of John Walker Guitars. Home of Ren Ferguson.

Bozeman is a short 1 hour scenic drive to Yellowstone National Park as well as a very short hop to Big Sky and Bridger Bowl the two premier skiing areas in the country. Bozeman sits nestled in the beautiful Rocky Mountains and is surrounded by 5 blue-ribbon trout streams.

Things to do? Ski,Fish,Hike,Audit Christopher Parkening's masters class in the summer. Oh, you know, Stop by Music Villa and see who's hanging out for the afternoon. It's nothing to sit in the custom guitar room and chat with Kevin Kopp or Bruce Weber or Larry Dimarzio. Several of the guys from Gibson stop by on occasion and Larry Barnwell, the Martin rep for the Northwest, also lives in Bozeman. He brings all of the cool Martin folks to Bozeman for a little R&R. They like to come out and attend the Grand Targhee Music festivals that Martin helps sponsor. I've been lucky enough to have met Martin's custom shop manager as well as their machine Shop manager and their National Sales manager. They are great folks and Music Villa has a lot of their custom shop guitars as well as regular guitars available to play. Yes Music Villa is Gibson Montana's showroom so they have all the Gibson acoustics as well.

Bozeman is a small college town that is Bicycle friendly and it's easy to go the whole summer without starting your car. There are many single track mountain trails to bike on and they are all just a mile or two from my house in town.

If you get a chance, participate in the Gibson Homecoming it's a great way to tour the Gibson plant and see everything for yourself. Last year the group got to tour Weber, Gibson, and Waverly. The Waverly tour was guided by Bill McDonald. He's the McDonald of Stewart McDonald. Yes Bill lives in Bozeman as well. How cool is that? Bruce Weber gave the tour of Weber Mandolin. He's a great guy and will build you a custom mandolin.

So come out this summer and maybe I will see you at Music Villa. Just ask for Hogeye.

Oh I'm so jealous! Having been to Bozeman a few times with the Gibson Homecoming I fell in love with Bozeman. It's such a perfect little town, quaint, not too big, not too small. Lots to do..... or not, depending on your mood. And Music Villa!

I'm in Cold Calgary Alberta. Lots of cowboys (real ones), oil (expensive), and snow (yuck). We usually have extremes in temperatures.... in summer it's really hot, in winter it's really cold. Road construction is a big thing up here. I keep my sanity by driving my new truck, playing my guitars, riding my horse and eating chocolate (which I'm doing right now) [biggrin]

Oh I'm so jealous! Having been to Bozeman a few times with the Gibson Homecoming I fell in love with Bozeman. It's such a perfect little town, quaint, not too big, not too small. Lots to do..... or not, depending on your mood. And Music Villa!

I'm in Cold Calgary Alberta. Lots of cowboys (real ones), oil (expensive), and snow (yuck). We usually have extremes in temperatures.... in summer it's really hot, in winter it's really cold. Road construction is a big thing up here. I keep my sanity by driving my new truck, playing my guitars, riding my horse and eating chocolate (which I'm doing right now) [biggrin]

Doesn't Calgary have the largest indoor shopping center in the world???? Home of the Calgary Stampede??? Home of the Calgary Stampeders professional football and Calgary Flames pro hockey? Also Banff is nearby!! A Canadian treasure!!! Come on GG, chat your home up a little better than that....lol

Wow, Good to here where everybody is from / I'm from North Carolina also in a small town called Roxboro in north-central part of the state just 30 miles north of Durham, NC / I met a Beautiful Indian Girl here 33 years ago and we married and have been here since. A wonderful small town & county, all the people are just good old home folks / I was raised in the mountains of North Carolina in Avery County, a town called Newland near Grandfather Mountain / I drove an 18 wheeler for 34 years and health issues & Doctors took me out of work in 2005. I have been playing guitars since I was a teenager / Now I play music in churchs, nursing homes, reunions, etc. / Like to play Old Time Gospel & Bluegrass and I like to play and sing ballet type songs that tell storys of long time ago tells / I just Love Playing & Singing any time with Friends & Family / I don't write to much on the forum but I like to read about the Music & Gibsons I have learned to love over the years / You All Are a Great Lot of People and Enjoy the Information & Tells about People that Love the Guitars & Music We All Love / One thing I Like is People from All Over the World are on the Forum and It is Universal the Sound & Love of Music with the Gibsons that have Blessed so many Lifes with the Gift God has Given Us All / "A Gift is Not a Gift Until You Give It" / Enjoy You All ~ Paul Dean from: NC [biggrin]

My best friend is from North Carolina... does that count?

:)

Love being up here nestled in the boonies on the north shore of Lake Erie. The view out my kitchen window is fields and woods. Heaven.

My Gibby lived in the Asheville area for many years. Does that count?

I live in the deep south of the county of Hertfordshire in the Republic of Rickmansworth, sort of, part of the UK. This is the greatest place on Earth to live. My home looks out over the Chess valley and its beautiful river. The train to London is just a pleasant walk down the river and 22 minutes to the centre of the city.

London is wonderful peaceful city I never tire of and it is on my doorstep and yet I live in the countryside, how can you beat that.

If you want to go abroad, which of course living here I don't, Heathrow (the biggest airport in the world) is just 10 miles/ten minutes south, nice easy drive down the motorway. The Republic sees to it that the planes switch off their engines when they cross our airspace in respect to, well lets say the more senior residents here.

The Queen, who lives near by (not in the Republic) as you may know lives right under the flight path of Heathrow in Windsor, poor thing!

I guess she would like to live here but Ah! well thats another story.

Oh! yes I forgot to say we get together on a Wednesday night and play guitar, and have dinner too and a glass of well I'm sure you can guess!

Peace to all!

Have a nice day

Markus

Hi Markus,

I am experiencing the same problem, as I am looking into forming a country/bluegrass/folk band and having a hard time finding alikes here in Utrecht...

Hi Markus,

I am experiencing the same problem, as I am looking into forming a country/bluegrass/folk band and having a hard time finding alikes here in Utrecht...

Hi Gijs, from here to Utrecht are about 170km...:-(.

It's a little bit too far away to make music together...;-)

Another one from North Carolina, my family has been here forever, I'm in Troutman on the shores of beautiful Lake Norman. I spent 20 years in the USAF so I have lived all over: San Antonio TX, Sumter SC, Oklahoma City, Geilenkirchen Germany, Saudi Arabia, Oscoda Michigan, Great Catworh England, and Albuquerque New Mexico.

Archived