Gibson Brands Forums

Soon to be NPD

Riffster

Been thinking of getting a Tremolo pedal for a long time, too many dang options frankly.

I could not get one that I liked on craigslist or eBay for either the price or pedal itself.

I decided to order a VFE Tremolo called Old School based on the features, built and price. They are made in Washington State so it is going to be a few days before I get it but it is on its way.

http://www.vfepedals.com/VFE_Pedals/Old_School.html

Those of you who use a Tremolo Pedal, what do you have?

I just bought a 4ms Stereo Panneur. It should have been shipped out today so I'm all antsy to get my hands on it.

I have tremolo on my ac30 but I don't think it's flexible enough.. So I bought like the most ridiculously tweakable tremolo I could find.

Damn, that Stereo Panneur looks insane.

I have a good feeling about the tremolo I ordered, the features are just about enough for me.

I looked at a bunch and tried a few but nothing really grabbed my attention, mainly because of the price in some instances.

I just got a vintage Kay tremolo, good sound, and I like how the adjustability is through a rocker pedal like a wah, but the thing I hate is that it has no footswitch so turning it on and off sucks! Gotta come up with a mod for that so its usable live

The Old School sounds awesome though, and not that bad of a price

with the Fulltone Supa-Trem...you get an incredible I guess what you can call "tone boost" when the mix is set to a minimum...I never turn my off and is constantly running when I'm playing and you notice a huge difference (may be due to the rare photo-cells in the pedal?).....Joe Bonamassa also run's his Supa-Trem the same way. Great Trem as well...really warm and smooth..that's my vote...

Lol. So I take it you're pretty hot on EHX right now?

Those are cool but..

Yeah, EHX makes some cool stuff, but if you go handmade, you get better quality for a reasonable price. The Pulsar is ok, but compared to "boutique" stuff, [-(

Hey don't get me wrong.. I love EHX. I seriously love my SMMH but IMO there are just a lot of cooler trem pedals. Of course if that's your favorite I respect that [thumbup]

Just don't call everything else redneck crap.

I have no bias what so ever to EHX. In fact, here's another tremolo that I really like:

http://www.seymourdu...fx07_shape_shi/

sfx_07.jpg

Also, Dub, I'm sorry that you take offense to the fact that I think that VFE pedal looks like garbage. Not saying that it is, since I've never heard what it sounds like, I'm just saying that if they really wanted to sell their pedals, they would add more visual appeal and not write on it with a freaking sharpie marker.

I wasn't offended. I just thought it was rude to Stiffhand who just bought that pedal. It's like if you just posted about getting your Big Muff and someone calls it a piece of crap.

I usually prefer painted graphics over screenprinted graphics. Some companies have really cool prints though.

I did not take it as an offense, I mean I do not like the graphics myself but I do not hate them either, I am more excited about the pedal itself.

There are a bunch of nice pedals out there with crappy to just OK graphics, it doesn't matter to me.

lol 12 and two toggles but it's not as scary as it looks.

It sounds intense. I can't wait to pan between two cranked fuzzy amps. That **** is trippy.

12 knobs and two toggles, and you say its not scary? You must be tripping something hardcore [flapper]

More power to you man [thumbup]

Mine also came in today, From Washigton State to Tennesee in 2 days, not bad.

First impression is that this pedal really well built and sounds great I have been playing with the settings and so far it gets all the sounds I wanted so whatever else I find is a plus.

So far I have played only my Strat through it so other guitars are next.

I am happy the I finally got a Tremolo pedal that I will keep.

12 knobs and two toggles, and you say its not scary? You must be tripping something hardcore [flapper]

More power to you man [thumbup]

It's basically 2 tremelos so 6 each. Not that scary. It looks scary but once you're playing with it it's pretty cool. I really wanted a tweakable trem. I love the unsynced trem and the panning is sweet.

I'm tired of tremolo on amps with 2 controls. Only one waveform, limited speed, etc.

It's basically 2 tremelos so 6 each. Not that scary. It looks scary but once you're playing with it it's pretty cool. I really wanted a tweakable trem. I love the unsynced trem and the panning is sweet.

I'm tired of tremolo on amps with 2 controls. Only one waveform, limited speed, etc.

6 knobs isn't too bad. And if you tweak it, I guess that works. I'm all about simplicity myself haha

Archived