Gibson Brands Forums

Strap that fixes "neckdive" invented

richiedoc

Top tip - pick one language and stick to it.

To do otherwise just makes you sound like a smart-***.

This is particularly true of language that makes you sound like a wannabe Sicilian gangster.

That just makes you another internet hard-man (Yawn).

Understand?

No that strap isn't it.

Nice try.

I'm still waiting for my apology.

And there is no chance now that I will tell you what it is on this forum.

Rudeness gets as rudeness deserves.

[laugh]:^o Are you Alec Baldwin?

If you say you're gonna leave because we're so "rude" then stop lurking and whine posting and leave.

OR

Cowboy up, get over it and join in. You're not owed anything.

No that strap isn't it.

Nice try.

I'm still waiting for my apology.

And there is no chance now that I will tell you what it is on this forum.

Rudeness gets as rudeness deserves.

You are aware that this problem has been solved many times already..... right? I can think of three straps out there already that were specifically designed to fix neck dive. None of those were interesting to 99.9% of players. Sort of seems like a solution looking for a problem.

It seems to me that:

1. Very few SG owners consider neck dive to be a significant concern.

2. Even less SG owners have not worked out their own fix for it if it does concern them.

So this is a product with, at best, a very limited market. (The double neck has never exactly been a big seller)

But...

Assuming that this is a product with merit and with a viable target audience and a sensible price point, I am sure we will all hear about it soon enough through the usual retail outlets, magazines and online gear reviews.

So do I care that the inventor, who clearly lacks self esteem and was fishing for compliments, wont tell me all about it because he cant feel the love?

• 11 months later...

camera%201%20026sm.jpg

The year is up, so I can now reveal the strap that cures neck dive on any guitar, bass, etc. Go ahead and make your own out of any old belt. Enjoy your new doublenecks. Pretty simple. Pure genius. You're welcome.

so why now, a whole year later, are you giving this away to us? the whole time i was wondering how you were spending the million$ you made from your brilliant creation.

i'd like to suggest another use for that belt you could try (it also involves a chair and ceiling rafter) but you would probably call me, in your words, 'rude'.

Archived