Gibson Brands Forums

2010 LP studio with P90s?

bsmiley

Just left a small guitar shop in Tarrytown NY and on display was a 2010 LP Studio in white with P90s. It had a "warn" look but was brand new.

Did I miss something? I've never seen another one like it.

The finish was almost a flat white, with tan pickup covers and pick guard, chrome hardware. It seemed fairly light.

Thought it was pretty cool..

I'll try to get a picture up in a few

Found it on the Gibson site..

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Studio-50s-Tribute.aspx

It's a studio 50s tribute..

Price was $899, almost left with it

The whole 50s Tribute line was a very limited production model which is next to impossible to get today. Price are 300 to 400$ more on ebay for them now. I had a deposit on one and they haven't received enough, so I never got it!

If I were you, I'd run back to this store and grab it, since you will probably not see another one at this price on display in any stores!

If it is in mint condition and after you have inspected it all over and its to your liking.

Then $899 is a fairly reasonable price. The going rate for online was $849 perhaps offer that or lower.

There is a few of them floating around still but your unlikely going to be able to pick and choose.

To see a demo of how the white one sounds [biggrin] with a bit of gain watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpgeSTGody0

Ya, I would like to see those pictures..I'm by far no expert, but I don't know of such a critter..chin.gif

Lol... other than the two from the line that you own? [flapper]

bsmiley, there were tons and tons of posts on this model here over the last 6 months. You might want to start here, where Gibson announced the model. We ended up (so far) at 104 pages for the thread, but the initial post is full of info, and has pics of all the finishes. BTW, I've currently got 3 of these, a pre-flood Honeyburst and two Gold Tops.

They're a great guitar, have a great feel and sound. Most who've gotten them love them, but some did not (no one guitar can please everyone). If you don't like it, pretty easy to sell it off, probably without a loss (or not much of one) if it's still near new.

Lol... other than the two from the line that you own? [flapper]

bsmiley, there were tons and tons of posts on this model here over the last 6 months. You might want to start here, where Gibson announced the model. We ended up (so far) at 104 pages for the thread, but the initial post is full of info, and has pics of all the finishes. BTW, I've currently got 3 of these, a pre-flood Honeyburst and two Gold Tops.

They're a great guitar, have a great feel and sound. Most who've gotten them love them, but some did not (no one guitar can please everyone). If you don't like it, pretty easy to sell it off, probably without a loss (or not much of one) if it's still near new.

Ya,ya, I know..... I just figured wrong again... Figures......emoticon-object-071.gif

Goes to show ya, we all forget....

Ya,ya, I know..... I just figured wrong again... Figures......emoticon-object-071.gif

Goes to show ya, we all forget....

Hey, I've done far dafter things myself. I just got a good laugh as I read your reply, realizing that you hadn't realized it was a 50's tribute. We ALL have these things happen from time to time.

Back to the OP, are you planning to pick it up still? Like I said, most of us who've gotten them really like them. My three are in the front of this "unruly mob".

orig.jpg

Hey, I've done far dafter things myself. I just got a good laugh as I read your reply, realizing that you hadn't realized it was a 50's tribute. We ALL have these things happen from time to time.

Back to the OP, are you planning to pick it up still? Like I said, most of us who've gotten them really like them. My three are in the front of this "unruly mob".

orig.jpg

Hey that's convenient that you have both a GT 50's Trib and a TV Special- which do you like better? Which sounds better in your opinion? I'm about to pull the trigger on a new guitar this weekend and I've been doing some heavy duty deliberating between those two exact same models; if you could have only one of those 2 (I know- actually 3, but for simplicity's sake we'll say 2) guitars and never have the option to replace which one would you keep around?

Thanks

Hello Everybody! Just to inform You (mainly those in Europe): One 50's Tribute Goldtop (and a white one) available here in Hungary at an official dealership!!! http://www.hangszeraruhaz.hu/index.php?&tpl=page&cid=3. Call them by phone, they speak english: +3617887353. The website is in hungarian, tough. Be quick, it's a beauty! [smile]

Hey that's convenient that you have both a GT 50's Trib and a TV Special- which do you like better? Which sounds better in your opinion? I'm about to pull the trigger on a new guitar this weekend and I've been doing some heavy duty deliberating between those two exact same models; if you could have only one of those 2 (I know- actually 3, but for simplicity's sake we'll say 2) guitars and never have the option to replace which one would you keep around?

Thanks

Wow, that's a tough question. Features I like about both (50's Tribute and TV Special). Strictly between the two, I'd probably keep the 50's Tribute, but the Robot factor might play into that. While I love the versatility of the Robot, TBH I just don't fully trust the technology. I'd hate to have it as an "only option" as I feel it may be prone to breaking down at the wrong time (yes, you can actually still tune it on your own, so I may be over compensating). I do love the ebony fret board of the Robot, and it's solid slab body has a great feel (as does it's neck which is quite different from the 50's Tribute). But I also like the chambered body of the Tribute, and it's overall feel and sound. Great neck there, too, just different.

I've not really done enough head to head comparison to choose one over the other based on sound, love them both (and they are different). Sorry I'm not being a lot of help here. I really can't choose, but then at the moment anyway, I don't really have to! [laugh]

I am hoping to get back down the the area next week. Unfortunately I only get down there for work. I can't find the darn place's phone number to get a hold of them, they were new (like 6 weeks new)..

If it's still there when I get back I'll grab it (doubtful). :(

Archived