Gibson Brands Forums

I think one of our weak spots is between our finger nail and finger...

luis911

Put my hand in my pocket, then suddenly i felt a sharp excruciating pain. Stupid MTA metrocard was there and got between my nail and finger making it bleed a little. In new york we use metrocards to enter subway stations. They are like 1/4 the thickness of credit cards. Anyways it hurts when I play since It happened on my left hand, and I got practice tomorow. :/

When i was tailoring, i used to get needles, pins etc stuck not only under my finger nails but als into the cuticles. The fingers toughened up and It got to the point I didnt notice too much till i saw the drips of blood.

The premise made me chuckle a bit and ... it reminded me of this set of lines for some odd reason I can't quite figure out.

"He who knows how to live can walk abroad

Without fear of rhinoceros or tiger.

He will not be wounded in battle.

For in him rhinoceroses can find no place to thrust their horn,

Tigers no place to use their claws,

And weapons no place to pierce.

Why is this so?

Because he has no place for death to enter."

Lao Tzu

I put my hand in my mailbox and got an unusually large paper-cut in the same place. My dad told me to put some super glue in there, it actually works pretty nicely! Especially when you're playing, those nicks in between there can get pretty annoying. [rolleyes]

+1 on the superglue !!!! I use it religiously on all kinds of injuries :D Split nails, nails pulled away from the nail bed, cuts on the fretting fingers.......it's a wonder-cure.

does the glue disintegrate eventually or is it gonna pull your skin off when you try to pull it out?

when I was 11 my left thumbnail was RIPPED COMPLETELY OFF by a falling weightbar.

I applied pressure w/my free hand and calmly walked across the street to my aunts convienience store to ask her for a paper towel......when she saw what i'd done, she fainted , out cold.....it took about 3 months to grow back.

yep, the nailbed is a weak spot for sure.

As an insulin dependant diabetic I am constantly putting holes in my fingers to test my blood sugar levels. I highly recommend a product called New Skin, which is basically superglue with some pain reliever in it. Always in the guitar case and the medicine cabinet

and yes just like super glue it wears away in about two days with normal handwashing. [thumbup]

Archived