Gibson Brands Forums

please please please watch this performance...

S t e v e

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely horrible. I can't believe King would share a stage with Moore. King didn't even consider Hendrix to be a true blues guitarist.

Guitarist that play blues like Moore are a dime a dozen. Blues for people who really don't like blues, or understand it.

This song is on Gray's Blues compilation.

I like it OK, I do listen to his double blues compilation fairly often but...

Gary uses a lot of gain compared to the supporting band and Albert King. He does the same with others like BB King.

Kind of like shooting a mouse with a 0.357 magnum IMO.

Gary needs a heavy rock band with a monster bass player and an insane drummer.

I just don't get the point of inviting a legend on stage with you and then playing loudly over top of him.msp_confused.gif

[thumbup] I like Gary's playing, but it isn't blues to me. Not sure why people think it is. I think Moore should have tried

to match tones a little better too and not cut Albert's his head off with his Marshallyness. Someone here has a

sig file that says something like "just because you are bending notes, doesn't mean you're playing the blues".

It

would be apropos here I think.

Just two different generations of guitarists doing what they love best.

I also like Gary's playing, and for a guy who's known for heavy rock guitar, he captures

the spirit of the blues probably better than most of his peers.

But when you listen to guys like Albert, B.B., John Lee Hooker, Buddy etc.,

you know it's done right. [thumbup]

Just two different generations of guitarists doing what they love best.

I also like Gary's playing, and for a guy who's known for heavy rock guitar, he captures

the spirit of the blues probably better than most of his peers.

[thumbup]

you know what, that it the most inteligent comment i ever read on here about mr moore [thumbup]

I know at the time BB King played with Gary, he fell out with him because he felt he was trying to 'blow him off the stage' - I think they were his actual words...

Gary Moore is a master of what he does -and I like Blues For Greeny and his heavy rock playing very much... Some of his other blues stuff (in small doses) is okay too, but as soon as I hear people like Buddy Guy, Sea Sick Steve and Jeff Healey, I just think, 'these guys really understand the blues'. Their playing is so tasteful and musical. Personally, I find Gary Moore's style too 'full on' for blues, but that is just me. Millions of people love him and think he's great at the blues and I am glad he moves them msp_thumbup.gif It would be very boring if we all had the same tastes!

Matt

I know at the time BB King played with Gary, he fell out with him because he felt he was trying to 'blow him off the stage' - I think they were his actual words...

matt, at what gig/time did BB say that? iv'e only ever heard BB praise gary as in the begining of the vid i posted :-k

and tbh if you feel that someone is "TRYING to blow you off stage" then you must feel a bit insecure and intimdated by the other persons playing...ie better than you? [confused]

matt, at what gig/time did BB say that? iv'e only ever heard BB praise gary as in the begining of the vid i posted :-k

and tbh if you feel that someone is "TRYING to blow you off stage" then you must feel a bit insecure and intimdated by the other persons playing...ie better than you? [confused]

Did you seriously write that BB King must have felt insecure and intimidated?

Moore is a good player, his sound doesn't really fit his genre though

Don't dis BB [thumbdn]

I think that sentence does a perfect job of summing up the difference in opinion about Gary Moore's playing between you and those who doesn't like it much.

Sometimes its hard to tell if one guy's trying to out shine the other or if they're just totally into the moment.

I have a live cd of Steve Lukather jamming with Larry Carlton. It almost sounds like Luke is having a duel with Larry,

but it's just his bombastic way of playing. He's a good player, but Larry's less is more approach is more appealing

to me.

It's a video of two guys playing, why do some people feel the need to post simply to put down anothers hero. Whatever happened to "if you cant say anything nice..."?

Mmmhh I thought the video was posted "for our consideration"

Did you seriously write that BB King must have felt insecure and intimidated?

Moore is a good player, his sound doesn't really fit his genre though

Don't dis BB [thumbdn]

nat, how do you know that bb didn't feel insecure? we only see people from the outside...inside we never truly know how they feel. example...i think i'm an ugly fat bald headed freak but my wife thinks the sun shines out my *** and i'm gorgeous.

my point? just because you worship someone/something dosen't mean they worship themselves...

p.s no dis to BB [rolleyes]

Mmmhh I thought the video was posted "for our consideration"

It wouldn't have been bad if people simply had said they did not care for it. but basically saying that people are "talentless" is a bit beyong what is acceptable. I don't go around everybodies topics just say "this guitarists sucks" When I am of that opinion I hit backspace and move on with my life. The time it takes to type "3 minutes of my life wasted" only wastes more of your life.

Archived