Gibson Brands Forums

please please please watch this performance...

S t e v e

nat, how do you know that bb didn't feel insecure? we only see people from the outside...inside we never truly know how they feel. example...i think i'm an ugly fat bald headed freak but my wife thinks the sun shines out my *** and i'm gorgeous.

my point? just because you worship someone/something dosen't mean they worship themselves...

p.s no dis to BB [rolleyes]

He didn't seem insecure, just going off of how he looked. I guess you are right, we don't know how he thinks.

I'll catch flak, but I don't worship BB King, don't even own any of his albums. Just saying that your post seemed pretty pointed at knocking BB

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
does gary "shred" in that vid?

Yes. The word is in quotes. In comparision to someone who really understands the blues, Mr Moore goes ballistic with volume, speed runs and huge over emphisized bends. And that isn't the first time he's dished a blues performance like that. As I've said before, I like some of Mr Moores stuff. When it comes to blues, he doesn't get it.

And BTW -

... inteligent ...

You might want to look up that word.

no probs brother, all the hate aside from people...that is one fantastic guitar performance from them two imo [thumbup]

Yeah, I just find that Moore does better on his own stuff, or so it seems to me. He rules the stage when he plays, he really does.

I'd hug you, but I try to limit my hugging of middle aged men I don't know [flapper]

It wouldn't have been bad if people simply had said they did not care for it. but basically saying that people are "talentless" is a bit beyong what is acceptable. I don't go around everybodies topics just say "this guitarists sucks" When I am of that opinion I hit backspace and move on with my life. The time it takes to type "3 minutes of my life wasted" only wastes more of your life.

I am sure you are not talking about me since I did not say any of that.

Gary is a very talented guy but he uses too much gain for this situation, is just that simple. Too much gain.

This video does not change people's mind about the fact that he uses too much power for the situation it just reinforces it.

it was but as fuzz said "if ya can't say anything nice"... [rolleyes]

I say nice things about him and own CDs of his, that is the nicest cumpliment I can give somebody. Pay for their music.

Still, he is a gain addict, he needs to play on a level field, that is it and that is all.

Well, I thought Gary was just splendid in that performance...and, for the record, I don't feel like he was using too much gain. It's cool to have two guitarists with very different tones on the same stage. Albert and Gary both have very distinctive characters to their playing, and I for one thought the contrast was very cool and that they both complemented each other very, very nicely.

Also, Al looked like he was enjoying himself quite a bit. That didn't look like the face of a guy who thought "man, this other guy just doesn't get it."

It's a video of two guys playing, why do some people feel the need to post simply to put down anothers hero. Whatever happened to "if you cant say anything nice..."?

With your number of posts, I would've thought you knew -

Stevejoshlay likes to flood the Lounge with Gary Moore posts, and some of us like to give him the raspberry [flapper]

Why do certain people keep posting these weird little deals where they basically beg people to listen to their current favorite song or video and to tell them what they think? Then they get mad and then pout for pages about how wrong everyone else is when people don't agree with them 100%.

I don't get it, and it's pretty common whether it's endlessly posting about Gary Moore or BFMV or one of the other fanboys for Slash or Bucket head, but it's repeated over and over.

Weird behavior even for the internet!

Ive said this before and been shotdown but GM plays heavy metal blues. Great guitarest granted but this is an unhealthy obbsession.I have alot of GM material but I find my self getting sick of him because of you as everytime I look in its just GM,GM,GM.We get it ,your crazy about GM but there is a difference between enjoying a certain musician to practically stalking him via a guitar forum.I cant see anybody else who goes on and on about one single guitarest to your extent. Cant you tone it down just a little, and as you must be in your 40s it does come accross as a little strange. Please dont take as personal attack just as an observation. :rolleyes:

I am sure you are not talking about me since I did not say any of that.

Gary is a very talented guy but he uses too much gain for this situation, is just that simple. Too much gain.

This video does not change people's mind about the fact that he uses too much power for the situation it just reinforces it.

I say nice things about him and own CDs of his, that is the nicest cumpliment I can give somebody. Pay for their music.

Still, he is a gain addict, he needs to play on a level field, that is it and that is all.

Sory man, the comment wasn't aimed at you, the quote was force of habit.

If you're playing with another artist you want to compliment that artist not tread all over what he's doing. Listen to Clapton when he plays with another legend. He basically lets the other player shine but I think he really gets off supporting other musicians. That comes from being secure in your musicianship and your place among your peers.

A little restraint is a good thing.

Ive said this before and been shotdown but GM plays heavy metal blues. Great guitarest granted but this is an unhealthy obbsession.I have alot of GM material but I find my self getting sick of him because of you as everytime I look in its just GM,GM,GM.We get it ,your crazy about GM but there is a difference between enjoying a certain musician to practically stalking him via a guitar forum.I cant see anybody else who goes on and on about one single guitarest to your extent. Cant you tone it down just a little, and as you must be in your 40s it does come accross as a little strange. Please dont take as personal attack just as an observation. :rolleyes:

:lol:

i'm 33 B)

Why do certain people keep posting these weird little deals where they basically beg people to listen to their current favorite song or video and to tell them what they think? Then they get mad and then pout for pages about how wrong everyone else is when people don't agree with them 100%.

I don't get it, and it's pretty common whether it's endlessly posting about Gary Moore or BFMV or one of the other fanboys for Slash or Bucket head, but it's repeated over and over.

Weird behavior even for the internet!

why do people keep replying to these "weird little deals"?...jus sayin :-k

Archived