Gibson Brands Forums

Questions about leftys.

Sancho Panza

Good evening,

I have a question regarding left-handed guitars. I play an Epiphone 335 now and I've been thinking about buying a Gibson, maybe not now, but later, but I can't seem to find any left-handed models. It's just on eBay, mostly, have Gibson stoped producing those?

Also, why did they remove the trapeze tailpiece? I've never seen one on a 335, and I probably won't. My dream guitar.

Thanks for any answers,

Mike

Mike, I don't think Gibson is building any lefty ESs right now, but call or e-mail Southpaw Guitars in Houston, Texas. They are a Gibson dealer, but they aren't allowed to advertise new stock in print or on the internet because of "the agreement". I bought a new lefty Gibson ES-335 from them back in '07. They had several in stock at the time I bought mine. Southpaw is good to deal with.

I, too, had an Epi Dot. After I bought the Gibson, I thought I would keep the Epi, but it just doesn't sound the same. I sold the Dot. I love the ES-335.

Really? Have to check it out then. I live in Sweden, but I want to check around and see if any store will ship overseas. I REALLY want an vintage, with the trapeze tailpice, do you think that they will cost me a fortune?

Haha, really? So much difference? I will save mine, but just because it's my first guitar, hard to get rid of it, but I hear you! I really don't think I will ever touch the Epi after buying an Gibson.

Archived