Gibson Brands Forums

need help. should i buy a valve amp or solid state?

krock

Steve....

Does the cockney thing still include the old "rhyming slang?"

<grin>

m

tbh i haven't said "apples and pairs" for stairs for a very long time [biggrin], i think the cockney slang died out when we became a multi cultural society :unsure:

Good luck...

BTW, my little PA takes up less room than the big tube amp - and it's easier to move parts into different places. <grin>

But seriously, one thing I'm convinced about is that if you're happy and comfortable with whatever gear you're using, you'll be more relaxed and when you're more relaxed you'll play better. Good on ya, for sure.

m

What's the name of the PA system?

tbh i haven't said "apples and pairs" for stairs for a very long time [biggrin], i think the cockney slang died out when we became a multi cultural society :unsure:

Hopefully an only fools and horses revival can spark the cockney slang again. Although that new version when dell boy was a kid was a bit dissapointing.

Krock...

About anything with a 100-200 watt mixer and 10-12 inch speaker enclosures qualify. Even a non-powered mixer and a couple small powered speakers such as some 10-inch woofer and tweeter outfits made by Kustom and many others.

Modular gives you more options to store, too, in more pieces that individually weigh less and are individually smaller. You can run a guitar through 'em, a mike, various sorts of "players." Haul it to a duet or trio gig as the only piece of amplification equipment, too. It won't break windows maybe, or sound like a given guitarist but...

Fishman makes a very light solo acoustic act outfit that some guys swear by at under US $1,000 street price. It's something like 36 pounds and has a "stovepipe" type speaker design. It probably ain't best for a jazz sound electric guitar, but...

m

Archived