Gibson Brands Forums

SG 50th Anniversary ???

drizzt

Has anyone heard something of what will it be. I am getting impatient.

Gibson please hurry up with this one, because I have my eye (and a big chunk of my heart) on a PRS and if I buy it I will not be able to get a new guitar for the next year and a half at least (unless I win the lottery, but I don't play in it, so chances are pretty much zero).

I wonder what will it be. I know that there was such a tread, but it was full of presumptions and wishes not with facts. I am asking for solid facts here, not for ideas.

I heard it was going to be a "re-invisonment" of the SG.

First off, like the reverse V, the neck will be on the rear side of the body,

with the horns being the new back end of the guitar, they will add a 3rd "center horn" with extensive beveling.

It will have a P-90 in the neck and one of those triple-coil humbuckers in the bridge, like what Hammer used to use.

They will come in 3 custom colors, pastel pink, pastel lime and pastel yellow.

They will cost around $60,000 each and only 50 of each color will be made.

It will come with a custom gig bag with purple fur on the inside.

[laugh]

Can't wait to see the 50th anniversary SG!

I think Gibson will incorporate some of their finest features from some of their novel guitars they have recently introduced; and some other modern and incredible features. It will totally catch Gibson aficionados off guard!

It'll be a 7 string baritone with a 27" scale with holes like the holy Explorer. A bi pod (like a Harris bi pod installed at the fore end of the stock on a rifle) will be recessed in the lower back of the body that can support the guitar without a stand. A simple push of an arcade button on the back of the peg head will spring the pod legs out.

A "50" will be in abalone at the 12th fret.

This model will have an amazing feature that enables the voice of the user to be programmed into a processor; thereby enabling the users voice to instantly change the tuning of the guitar. The MCX tuning knob currently used on the Robot model will be eliminated. Gibson will continue to blaze new trails by improving on their auto-tuning technology.

Haven't heard anything about color options, woods, or production numbers. Your guess is as good as mine. This anniversary model SG will no doubt be a real collector item down the road.

No doubt when this baby is unveiled, it will surpass the hype of the new Firebird "X"! The countdown will soon begin!

This was a snippet in the Les Paul forum...

"And finally, SG Anniversary 24: Now before you scream "WTF?!!?!?" I don't think this is going to be the big 50th Anniversary Model everyone's waiting for but basically think a 24 Fret SG with single-sided '61 style pickguard, can't remember if it had a Vibrola or not (may have been a Maestro), in a Darker-than-usual Cherry."

This was a snippet in the Les Paul forum...

"And finally, SG Anniversary 24: Now before you scream "WTF?!!?!?" I don't think this is going to be the big 50th Anniversary Model everyone's waiting for but basically think a 24 Fret SG with single-sided '61 style pickguard, can't remember if it had a Vibrola or not (may have been a Maestro), in a Darker-than-usual Cherry."

Does Gibson have a thing about Black and Cherry guitars? Don't they know how to add more variety in colors? What is it about offering everything in just two colors?

Archived