Gibson Brands Forums

Fender's Mexico Factory

Jeff-7

Fender MIM is damned good stuff for the money.

Lotsa parts commonality with American guitars too.

Try swapping parts with a Fender made in Asia and one from USA or Mexico.

Not gonna happen.

And yeah, Fender bought Kaman (Ovation) and Hamer.

Already had Jackson/Charvel.

Gretsch, Guild...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fender MIM is damned good stuff for the money.

Lotsa parts commonality with American guitars too.

Neo is right. Now, I am not a Fender guy, but in the few times I have played American-made Fenders, I...well, uh, I couldn't tell much of a difference. Before I get egged and booed, I am just saying that the quality is similar based on my experience. I CANNOT say the same about some of the stuff I have seen come from Epiphone. I thought my Korean PRS-SE was good, but the MIM Tele was better. And honestly, now that I have a Tele, I am BECOMING more of a Fender guy. I love the bright sound of the Tele, even with a good amount of overdrive.

I would think that a MIM Fender would be an ideal first electric guitar for someone who doesn't want to buy junk.

Very true, but let me add the parts going into these guitar are made in China regardless if they are made in California or Mexico by Mexicans. [flapper]

The wood is the same and the hardware easily replaced at below the cost of a USA Fender.

I know the hardware I purchase to put in it will be better than factory too.

So I get a custom, while you spend extra for something that just came off the wall. [flapper]

I would think that a MIM Fender would be an ideal first electric guitar for someone who doesn't want to buy junk.

Bingo. I had one and regret selling it. But for me, there is a noticable difference in the MIA and MIM Fenders. When I wanted a white strat, I did a blind play test and chose the MIA one cuz the neck had better action. I made sure to keep my hand away from the bridge cuz the saddle are different.

Bingo. I had one and regret selling it. But for me, there is a noticable difference in the MIA and MIM Fenders. When I wanted a white strat, I did a blind play test and chose the MIA one cuz the neck had better action. I made sure to keep my hand away from the bridge cuz the saddle are different.

I agree Mojo. I own both and yes there is a difference. My American is definitely of higher quality and you can feel it but I love all my fenders.

I plan on getting a Mexican Tele...one day:) Now if they made a Mexican double bound Tele, I'd probably go out and get one tomorrow.

I love Fender Japan the most of the three main countries that produce them. The quality is top notch msp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

Here is the double bound 62 re issue Telecaster

4017583134_8c0bf0f660_b.jpg

I want a Tele really bad, the MIM ones are just fine IMO.

When I get one I plan on replacing the hardware/electronics to my liking anyway.

It's not going to be anything more than a studio guitar for me. I just want something

with that Fender single-coil snarle as a tone option. That and tele's look cool.

What a shame! American Corporations have lost it with all the foreign manufacturing and for no other reason than a buck. They are willing to sell out the United States for an extra buck. I pledge my allegiance to this Country and no other as should they.

David

The internet runs on Chinese microchips, so do most computers. [biggrin][flapper]

While I don't own any MIM fenders I have played some and they were fine instruments, the deluxe players line even comes with vintage noiseless pickups and extra switching, which is great for a guitar under 600 bucks.

Sometimes I think Fender and other companies are wrong for not making stuff in theor own country (so helping their own country's economy) but damn, they do care for the customer, why else would they put out a guitar for under $600 that comes ready with everything you need? (noiseless pickups should come stock with all USA fenders IMO, for what they cost :rolleyes: )

While I don't own any MIM fenders I have played some and they were fine instruments, the deluxe players line even comes with vintage noiseless pickups and extra switching, which is great for a guitar under 600 bucks.

Sometimes I think Fender and other companies are wrong for not making stuff in theor own country (so helping their own country's economy) but damn, they do care for the customer, why else would they put out a guitar for under $600 that comes ready with everything you need? (noiseless pickups should come stock with all USA fenders IMO, for what they cost :rolleyes: )

yepmsp_thumbup.gif

Can you even buy one of those CIJ 62 reissues in the states?? You have started a major GAS attack:)

Oh no! msp_biggrin.gifmsp_biggrin.gifmsp_biggrin.gif

I am not sure, but I know there are a couple of places that ship to the States!!! The Bigsby model is hard to find but around £800 so about $1200.

Matt

I want a Tele really bad, the MIM ones are just fine IMO.

When I get one I plan on replacing the hardware/electronics to my liking anyway.

It's not going to be anything more than a studio guitar for me. I just want something

with that Fender single-coil snarle as a tone option. That and tele's look cool.

If you do, try Lace Sensor pups....single coil with a mean growl. I f-ing love em. Since we have similar taste in music, sounds and variety of sounds, I highly recommend em. I posted a demo on youtube if you want the link.

If you do, try Lace Sensor pups....single coil with a mean growl. I f-ing love em. Since we have similar taste in music, sounds and variety of sounds, I highly recommend em. I posted a demo on youtube if you want the link.

Awesome! I'll check them out. I have LACE pups (Drop & Gains) in my custom guitar prototypes. LACE make some good stuff. [thumbup]

Sure, link me up!

Archived