Gibson Brands Forums

Sometimes Annual Never Sweat Jam

ol fred

OWF, node, tenroots,rob? pchaafs, tony, me. I think that's eveyone. Dan hasn't confirmed???

Remodel started Monday after New Years Day. Any suggestions for a date Mid May or later?

I'm gonna be scarce for awhile on the forum, if I had everyone's email it would also keep the forum less cluttered.

tenroots, danvillerob send me or nodehopper your email

Burrr.....today is just too cold to even think about playing guitar outside... [unsure]:-)

But yes late May, June or even July sounds good. We can start emails and "Reply All" to get the group going and dates sorted out.

Thank Fred for starting a post here that we can search for and resurrect as the May flowers start blooming and the mercury starts to rise!

• 2 months later...

Hey Fred. So remodel is nearly done?

Has the rain and snow here in California stopped yet? Do we have a date set and can we think of setting a date until we get more than 2 days with out rain?

Considering the weather as of lately....should we push this out to May or June?

Has GillianGirl and her friend Roxanne RSVP'ed that they are taking a crazy "Thelma and Louise" wild ROAD TRIP to Cali?

Hey all,

the rain has stopped (at least temporarily) yesterday was the first time in over thirty days that I've actually seen the sun. I'm thinking June is going to be our best bet. No word from Karen and Roxy but I have had a couple of old friends say they would like to be here, one is from Iowa and another is hoping to come here from Palmer Alaska. If everyone makes it we will have 17 players. I suspect there will be some no shows. Most of my friends in this area are pros so if the date we set interferes with their gig schedules....

Hopefully the remodel will be done in the next couple of weeks, the finish work is a lot more tedious and time consuming than I expected. Basically what is left is the tile work, 34 feet of counter and back splash and the final step of appliance installation which will require running new electrical and venting under the house

Hey Fred. So remodel is nearly done?

Has the rain and snow here in California stopped yet? Do we have a date set and can we think of setting a date until we get more than 2 days with out rain?

Considering the weather as of lately....should we push this out to May or June?

Has GillianGirl and her friend Roxanne RSVP'ed that they are taking a crazy "Thelma and Louise" wild ROAD TRIP to Cali?

Hey all,

the rain has stopped (at least temporarily) yesterday was the first time in over thirty days that I've actually seen the sun. I'm thinking June is going to be our best bet. No word from Karen and Roxy but I have had a couple of old friends say they would like to be here, one is from Iowa and another is hoping to come here from Palmer Alaska. If everyone makes it we will have 17 players. I suspect there will be some no shows. Most of my friends in this area are pros so if the date we set interferes with their gig schedules....

Hopefully the remodel will be done in the next couple of weeks, the finish work is a lot more tedious and time consuming than I expected. Basically what is left is the tile work, 34 feet of counter and back splash and the final step of appliance installation which will require running new electrical and venting under the house

Yes the finish detail at the end is the toughest....on our addition I have baseboards that have yet to get painted. They came with the white primer and after the long tedious build we got impatient and moved in the furniture. 3 years and still primed, but not painted. [rolleyes]

If all these guys are pros...... I am a 3 year player who gets fumble fingered and tongue tied when just my Wife watches me do a song. I guess I will just watch and won't even bother to bring my guitar.. [blush]

Maybe we can have like a "kiddie" table for me and anyone else who would be intimidated. I mean now that WilyFool is a pro with his Coffee House gig ...he can hang with the other "pros". Who might be up for a "Newbie Song Circle"??

Still need your email so we can put you on the list. Another player emailed today.... will try to make it here from Little River NJ once we come up with a date.

I still don't know if we can make it but we haven't given up yet. [-o<

Still need your email so we can put you on the list. Another player emailed today.... will try to make it here from Little River NJ once we come up with a date.

I am open for all of June except the last weekend of 25th-26th.

Let's get something on the books now!

Archived