Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Jackson Browne Signature Model

Red 333

It looks great and I woul love to have a go at it ... but frankly that pricing level is quite offensive. Im disappointed with Gibson.

Yes, offensive, but perhance not quite as offensive as the 'staind' and scuffed version of the Aaron Lewis! All too expensive for me in any case. BTW. is the hand-made pick-up system in the JB EA really worth 1500 dollars? That's where I really had to do a double-take.

Yes, offensive, but perhance not quite as offensive as the 'staind' and scuffed version of the Aaron Lewis! All too expensive for me in any case. BTW. is the hand-made pick-up system in the JB EA really worth 1500 dollars? That's where I really had to do a double-take.

Found this on the Lens system

http://www.tranceaudio.com/

Seems that some of that $1500 is for installation 'know-how'.. Seems to be a very 'specialized' system. Hope it sounds 'natural' :unsure:

Rod

Thats a mighty stiff price imo too

BUT.......... If I had an extra 6k around I'd give the A model a go....

I guess I could sell my 66 mustang or well wait till its on the discount rack and snag a good one for around 4k...

That sounds about right as far as my price goes....I'll be looking......

Jackson's link

I used to own every JB CD. I still own the ones I had, but stopped buying his new ones about 10 yrs ago. What's funny is I was actually listening to JB on the way to work one morning, and the acoustic was so beautiful, I said that's it, I'm getting a guitar. I went out at lunchtime that day and bought my first one. I got soured on all the political stuff. He's always been that way, in retrospect.

Another Signature model?!!! Will it ever end?

Larry I am so with you on this...Gibson...Martin every Namm they bring out yet another artist model at prices that

are outrageous. I am amazed that with competition from Santa Cruz, Collins, Taylor and a host of others they can carry on.

Time for peoples guitars! Ironically, Santa Cruz have the 00-1929 and 000-1929 in all mahogany, the depression era guitars

at sky high prices!!

Larry I am so with you on this...Gibson...Martin every Namm they bring out yet another artist model at prices that

are outrageous. I am amazed that with competition from Santa Cruz, Collins, Taylor and a host of others they can carry on.

Time for peoples guitars! Ironically, Santa Cruz have the 00-1929 and 000-1929 in all mahogany, the depression era guitars

at sky high prices!!

The price is outrageous, but it sure looks like one sweet Gibson!

I bought one of the factory prototypes in Dec 2008. I was wondering if this would ever be unveiled by Gibson, or the project shelved.

After reading this, I got out my prototype, and the body does appear to be walnut, although I wasn't aware of that when I bought it in Dec 2008! (The body lacquer is very dark and the wood grain hard to see.) It has the Adirondack top. The nut is wider at 1.95 inches (vs 1.8"), so it is almost in flamenco guitar territory, and the body is somewhat shallower at the neck block (~4.3 inches) than what Gibson is listing in their specs (4.55), but otherwise it measures out, and looks exactly like the photos on the splash page, so that pleases me.

Mine came with some USPU installed, not sure what it is but probably one of the more common Fishman series, certainly not the pricey setup they're including in the Model A! And mine has gold-plated Gotohs, open gears with metal butterbean handles - nice, but they're not Waverlys.

Overall I am very gratified my guitar is no longer an orphan, and has a proper identity, yet it will always be totally unique.

Brian

Reno, NV

Archived