Gibson Brands Forums

CD Stuck......

Murph

2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4X4 SLT. Factory single cd/amfm.

Van Halen Greatist Hits Volume 1 seems to be in it's "comfort zone".

I haven't researched it yet, just wondered if youse guys had any idea? It'll play, but when you hit eject it goes to radio (so I asssume the switch is working) but doesn't come out.

I hate to have to put the SOG blade in there.

But I will........

My wife's CD ejector wasn't working a few years ago. We couldn't figure it out for the longest time. Then we had to change the car battery. That seemed to have re-set something and the ejector magically started working again :-k

So, possibly try unhooking the battery cables for a few minutes. It's worth a try right?

Not sure if this would apply but on PC's and laptops, there is a little hole. Insert the pointy end of a paper clip. There is a little release button inside.

Dave

I second this. From what I remember my S10's CD player has one of those emergency eject buttons too. I'll try to remember to look tonight.

If it is a slot load just take a vey thin putty knife and slide it in the slot and push down a little. It should pop out. If not put a little double sided tape on the thin putty knife and try the same thing. Just saved my boss about $800.00 with this trick on his new Jeep Commander. It sounds scary but it works I promise!

Andy

I think it's time to trade cars.

Me? I'm having trouble with my Cassette player. I put a cassette in and it tries to start, then ejects. [cursing]

My eight track tape player keeps switching mid-song.....My records won't play in my CD player....I thought those things were backwards compatable....

• 2 weeks later...

My eight track tape player keeps switching mid-song.....My records won't play in my CD player....I thought those things were backwards compatable....

They are Damian. You probably have the LP upside down.

Yer welcome.

Archived