Gibson Brands Forums

Namm 11

ponty

There are so many areas of guitar style that Gibson don't do. Two that spring to mind are gypsy jazz guitars and Classical guitars - compared to how adventurous they are with their electrics they same to play it safe with their acoustic range.

Matt

So another Namm passes not nothing from Gibson acoustic. Do they even go to Namm?

There are so many gibsons of the past they could re-issue, but dont. GGggrrrr1

..the Tet Offensive, fighting in the streets of Hue, napalm......I want to foget all that crap, why go back? Oh........................NAMM

• 2 weeks later...

Gibson Acoustics officially introduced several new models at NAMM, but regular readers of this forum already know all about them. Some manufacturers make a big production about keeping new models "secret" and "revealing" them at NAMM, some don't.

Martin is a good example of the former. I've played more than one Martin that was already at a dealer before the big "secret" that it existed was revealed at NAMM. "Secret" basically meant "not on the website yet". Gibson does press releases and such throughout the year, Martin saves 'em up for NAMM. Just different marketing approaches.

-- Bob R

Here's a clip of Jackson Browne talking about his Roy Smeck inspired sig guitar at NAMM 2011 press conference.

I like watching the masters chat away about acoustics. Great piece of film - it somehow reminded me of JT.

Is he really out of here. . . .

Archived