Gibson Brands Forums

Best place to get Kluson replacement tuners???

onewilyfool

Best and least expensive place to get Kluson replacement tuners???? Thanks guys. I need to replace some Grover Rotomatics that are on the guitar, and I think I may need some bushings to make the hole smaller too....any help/advice appreciated.....Wily

Ill be ordering these for my CW.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/kluson_by_gotoh_m33vc_gitarrenmechanik.htm?sid=7f7fadcb467d9bbeffcd83a0be192e6f

Best and least expensive place to get Kluson replacement tuners???? Thanks guys. I need to replace some Grover Rotomatics that are on the guitar, and I think I may need some bushings to make the hole smaller too....any help/advice appreciated.....Wily

Get them here:-

WD Music

I just reliced a set myself and will post some pics...

[thumbup]

Below are the brand new Kluson tuners from WD which I've just finished relicing and are all ready for my '63 Country Western .... I didn't go for the fake rust spots as I thought it may be OTT.

IMG_0050.jpg

and below are the original ones ready to be re-placed!!!!

IMG_0061.jpg

Nice 'relicing' job, Spoton!

How did you go about the buttons?...I figure muriatic acid for the metal?

Thanks, Rod

Thanks Rod,..I was pretty happy with the final result...

My two secret weapons:-

pt-KIWI-BROWN!SAD.jpg

rs%20etchant.JPG

Too expensive here ! People selling them on E-Bay for a lot less $'s

I didn't mean that he should buy them directly from WD Music, I just meant you should get the official licenced Kluson product. I got official Klusons repro's just for $36 off of EBAY.......The other option would be Tonepros, but they are even more $$$

FYI - "...The Kluson brand is a registered trademark, reg. # 1802680, owned by WD Music Products Inc. WD Music Products granted license rights to TonePros Sound Labs International in 2005 for the marketing and sale of "TonePros Kluson" brand products, using TonePros advanced technology...."

You know the old saying...you get what you pay for...Well this is also the case with tuners.

(Of course there are some exceptions) There are dozens of brands out there all of which look the same.

Look at brands like Tone pros, Klusons, Grover and Gotoh. Last year I swapped out my stock Gibson deluxe

tuners because they became very loose (Almost 20 years of use) and I replaced them with Tonepro Klusons

with white knobs. VERY GOOD!!

On the other hand, I swapped out my Martin open backs (on a 000-28 custom) to Waverley s - VERY DISAPPOINTING!

One tuner I returned because it didn't work and now they are all super stiff.

Below are the brand new Kluson tuners from WD which I've just finished relicing and are all ready for my '63 Country Western .... I didn't go for the fake rust spots as I thought it may be OTT.

VERY nice job Spoto......I'm replacing Grover Rotomatics, do you know if I need any special bushings in addition to the ones that came with it??? I wish you had done a step-by-step photo diary of how you relic'd those tuners.....

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone wants to give it a go, StewMac had a nice "Trade Secrets" article on relicing tuners awhile ago, with step-by-step instructions and photos. (Using the very same secret materials as Spotondrums!) Here's a link.

-- Bob R

Archived