Gibson Brands Forums

SG 1966 Custom Colours?

Gary Moore Tribute

Can you explain why?

EDIT Looking at it I'm 100% sure its legit I also had this setup & cleaned by a professional craftsmen a few months back I was given no impression that this was in any way a forgery

the stickers on the back are also correct and match my other 2 les pauls both of which where bought from dawsons

Real G400 aint gonna have the Les Paul logo, they're gonna have the holly inlay...still a kool lookin' guitar, but it probably is a fake. And the serial number prefix is bigger than the numbers, usually denoting a fake.

Well it has all the right hardware & parts (I personally added the pickups)

I was after a White 66 SG in the beginning

Originally I was gonna import a G-400 Alpine & change the cover

like this one http://cgi.ebay.com/Epiphone-SG-G-400-White-Guitar-/260722876583?pt=Guitar&hash=item3cb44b60a7

The origin of this is that is was a hand in at his guitar store in Essex I bought this in June 2010

Heres his page: http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=bselecta&ftab=AllFeedback

I paid £150 which is the going price for 2nd hand Epiphones SG's (I've had a Cherry, LP Custom & Negative Custom also)

Well im happy with it anyways its well made fake or not...

Well im happy with it anyways its well made fake or not...

If you're happy with it, why are you selling it?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gibson-Epiphone-Les-Paul-SG-1966-Custom-One-Off-White-/160532859502?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item2560810a6e

My favourite quote from the auction is "This is a customer requested variant that has never beed made before or since!" - That's a massive lie but you already knew that didn't you?! I feel sorry for the poor kid that buys this and gets ripped off with a fake.

Today is a sad day..........

I listed it before coming on here hence the intial image being an ebay image

I am changing the information tho so I don't want to confuse anyone k

So don't worry it will be advertised correctly.

UPDATE now advertised correctly as an Epiphone Copy

Its well made don't get me wrong my playing is just going towards the jazz end of the playing style so it wasn't being used all that much...

Well someone was escalating it, and it was booted :S

I did advertise it correctly but apparently selling copies isn't allowed so their you go im stuck with it I guess...

Oh well...

PS £500 was assuming it was a legit Epi Custom one off since it wasn't I significantly reduced the price

Don't forget until I came on here I had no idea what so ever it was a fake.

Archived