Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson coming out with any new Basses for 2011?

Lungimsam

Dealer says Gibson has not made a Thunderbird IV since the flood.

Anyone from Gibson care to comment?

Why start now? It's almost like they really don't care about basses any more. See ya'!

Not the greatest photo - but appears there was a T-bird at NAMM. Looks like possibly a flat black Studio with a killswitch (ala The Blackbird). Anyone else see this bass?

I also had heard that prior to the flood, there was a Non-Reverse Thunderbird project in the works.

Anyone here if that project is back on track?

Namm-bird1.jpg?t=1295983648

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You wouldn't think so would you. That's one reason an SG can be prone to neck dive. The body is short for the strap knobs. If the distance were greater from the tail strap knob to the neck strap knob, less chance of it. Compare the distance on Fenders.

• 4 weeks later...

Saw a post that had a pic of a black LP custom looking bass. Gold pups (3), aged looking switch.

Also apparently a Pelham blue single pup EB-11 will be out. Looks like a LP Junior, but a bass.

I had heard about the EB-11, also heard rumors of an Explorer with 80's graphics, and possibly the NR Thunderbird project as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Return of the LP Standard bass! :) Ok, what else is around the corner?

The Les Paul is my Favorite Gibson. They're heavy but they look great, play great, and sound great. I'm a little disappointed that they got rid of the Ebony board and that massive Warwick bridge[confused] . They are beautiful, but I'm glad I have a couple of the older ones.

http://www.samedaymu...roduct--GIBBA11

91504H-9a97ed4a99ec5f96c4a44fa9c3014888.jpg91505H-84c64a5ee8b08a2902cd816d69e97aca.jpg91506H-7deb398d20efae2f2928b528828baec6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've ordered a Thunderbird bass in april without the store beeing able to give a delivery date at all.

They taken the Thunderbird down from a number of e-shop websites and a rumor has it that they're not makin them at all right now and one doesn't know when they'll start doin them again (which they most certainly will).

Perhaps the short scale T-bird and LP bass is done in it's place for a short while?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived