Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson 84 Flying V Reissue

metfan

Hey People!

I just saw my next guitar but before I buy it I wanted to hear your opinion first..

First, Im used to play with ESP Eclipse so for my next guitar I would want something good since Im used to it. I saw Gibson 84 Flying V Reissue which I absolutely love the design but don't have the chance to try it before buy. Does anybody had the opportunity to try this guitar or have any info about the quality? Any advice would be Awesome! Thanx!

Heres a pic and description.

http://www.thomann.de/se/gibson_84_flying_v_reissue_ta.htm

Hey People!

I just saw my next guitar but before I buy it I wanted to hear your opinion first..

First, Im used to play with ESP Eclipse so for my next guitar I would want something good since Im used to it. I saw Gibson 84 Flying V Reissue which I absolutely love the design but don't have the chance to try it before buy. Does anybody had the opportunity to try this guitar or have any info about the quality? Any advice would be Awesome! Thanx!

Heres a pic and description.

http://www.thomann.de/se/gibson_84_flying_v_reissue_ta.htm

I have one in Silverburst with ebony board. The neck dimensions is the same as on the Faded. Pick up rings gives a better interaction between wood sound characteristics and pu's + better angling of the pu's to the strings compared to the normal mounting in a scratch plate.

Hi,

I remember trying the Faded series but wasn't really impressed. It felt more like playing on a Epiphone. Is the 84" reissue model a step up from the faded series or basically the same?

My '04 Faded is a very fine instrument after changing the nut, that is. The difference in price ought to be because of the finish.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived