Gibson Brands Forums

I love my Riviera P93, I would buy another if they made varying finishes

crust

I would get a natural one today, or a gold top. Please Epiphone, expand the available finishes on this fine instrument. I really want a iced tea or natural. Please, would it be that difficult ?

I would get a natural one today, or a gold top. Please Epiphone, expand the available finishes on this fine instrument. I really want a iced tea or natural. Please, would it be that difficult ?

Crust, they now do have the P-3 in Natural..........A gold top would be very nice.........when I can afford another one, I WILL goldtop it; I may even GOLD LEAF top it with real gold..........[thumbup]

Crust, they now do have the P-3 in Natural..........A gold top would be very nice.........when I can afford another one, I WILL goldtop it; I may even GOLD LEAF top it with real gold..........[thumbup]

Link to where to get please

Thank you

Link to where to get please

Thank you

I don't know about natural, but here's a link to a soon-to-be-available gold-top version on Musician's Friend:

P-93 Goltop

Red 333

Thank you Red.....Crust, someone here had posted a pic of the P-3, and said it was soon to be available in 'natural'.....Red 333 found it in 'goldtop', so perhaps it is coming in 'goldtop' and the 'wine red' only........I'd prefer the 'goldtop' anyways......My P-3 is amazing.......I do not know how long the $449.00 price and the free case deal will last, but, we'll see...........

I would think that the 'goldtop' is a M.F. special............Let's race and see who gets one first !!!!!!

Do you mean like this:

EpiRivieraP93Goldtop.jpg

or this?

EpiRivieraP93Goldtop2.jpg

Bottom one. Man, where can I get that? I'd get that today if I could. Where and when? Also, can someone photoshop the Epiphone "E" emblem on to the bottom of the Bigsby tail piece ? I'd like to see that pic and an "Epiphone E" on the Bigsby on any production guitars. Hey Epiphone, make a casting pattern with the Epiphone "E" for the Bigsby unit on these new finish Rivieras (please).

Bottom one. Man, where can I get that. I'd get that right now if I could. Where and when?

It was just a hare-brained (hair-brained?) idea I had last year and Twiggy and Sjael were kind enough to indulge me: http://forum.gibson....__1#entry702062

You could of course buy a red P93, dismantle it, take it to a guitar refinishing shop, have it painted and then put it back together with cream colored and chrome parts.

Should only cost you about $1k altogether, LOL.

EpiRivieraP93Goldtop2.jpg

I remember drawing that. Was fun. [biggrin]

Bottom one. Man, where can I get that? I'd get that today if I could. Where and when? Also, can someone photoshop the Epiphone "E" emblem on to the bottom of the Bigsby tail piece ? I'd like to see that pic and an "Epiphone E" on the Bigsby on any production guitars. Hey Epiphone, make a casting pattern with the Epiphone "E" for the Bigsby unit on these new finish Rivieras (please).

Well gosh, I'm flattered that you liked my design. [tongue]

Also gosh darn, I never noticed that I missed the Bigsby logo. If I can find the originals I'll add it in for you. [thumbup]

Edit: Riviera_Gold.jpg

814812.jpg

Why, oh why did they use black covers on those pickups.. [bored]

I want that top guitar. Please make me a guitar like that, with a nice "figured" top (not flame) so the wood grain shows through. Nice job on the 'shop Bigsby. Perfect actually. Epiphone, please make one (or 2) for me.

Thanks.

I want that top guitar. Please make me a guitar like that, with a nice "figured" top (not flame) so the wood grain shows through. Nice job on the 'shop Bigsby. Perfect actually. Epiphone, please make one (or 2) for me.

Thanks.

sorry about the small pic. I'd like to have a top like the old Regal archtop I used to own.

regal.jpg

Also, don't forget the "roller bridge" :)

could someone 'shop the finish (or something similar) of the old Regal archtop I posted a pic of on to the Riviera with the Epiphone logo). The dude from Regal said that guitar was made in the 30's or 40's and that they couldn't make them like that any more due to "licensing agreements". Too bad, it was the prettiest guitar (and coolest) I think I ever had.

Archived