Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Junior real or fake

cocomon

Welcome.

You still haven't said what is concerning you about this guitar. :rolleyes:

From what I can see in you pics, it looks legit to me, except no "Les Paul" script on the headstock.

The serial indicates mid 60s if it's 329429, but it looks like the earlier 58-61 model.

Welcome.

You still haven't said what is concerning you about this guitar. :rolleyes:

From what I can see in you pics, it looks legit to me, except no "Les Paul" script on the headstock.

The serial indicates mid 60s if it's 329429, but it looks like the earlier 58-61 model.

The script on the head stock is the one thing that concerns me most the script between the s o and n and it looks as if the stud post and strap buttons are brass. I think the serial# reads 929429 or maybe 928429 maybe wishful thinking.It has more pros than cons from what I can tell.Just looking for opinions.

Thanks

Your two s/n guesses don't work out.

The Gibson logo looks okay to me, the dot touching the "G" is fine (pic below), and I still think the guitar itself looks legit.

Looking again at the pics, I think that guitar has been refinished. And the fretboard looks like it has a finish on it - whatever was used - nitro, poly. This might explain the missing "Les Paul" script on the headstock. What's the price?

lpjrlogo.jpg

Check with Gibson on the serial #.........They may or may not be able to help.....There are 'guitar' dater sites on the web.....Of course, some 'fakes' do have legit serial #s, but I agree with BigKahune that the guitar looks legit..

And there wasn't much 'creating fakes' way back then....If the guitar is playable, it could be a good value, regardless of being refinished; by value, I am refering to the fact that an old guitar is going to have some nicely aged wood...

What is the asking price, and where abouts is the guitar being offered from ?? This helps as well.......Unless the guitar has serious structural issues, the price is right, and the guitar is going to be a 'player's' guitar,

to me, it looks like a nice find...........

Yes, looks like some fool slathered 'finish' on the guitar and fretboard.....This can be un-done.....The more I look at the pics, the more I say that if the price is right,

I myself would be all over this guitar.............

Archived