Gibson Brands Forums

Too much babying

davidl

Really? I say , with all respect , go play that 'effin guitar. you ain't gonna hurt it. If you put ware on it ..... what happens...... Nothing, you play it some more. the only way not to put any ware on the guitar, is to not use it. If you like ..... send it to me and I'll put some ware on it and than you can stop worrying. LOL !!!! it's a guitar first. It was made to be used and play to make music. Don't fear it. If you love it with your heart , It will make sweet music for ya. \:D/

I'm with you Jamman. You gotta play the thing. I'm so glad I shook that off. I can really enjoy the guitar now and I think it appreciates it. Still no blemishes...yet.

Dave

I'm with you Jamman. You gotta play the thing. I'm so glad I shook that off. I can really enjoy the guitar now and I think it appreciates it. Still no blemishes...yet.

Dave

That's great man, I kind of , protect my guitars.I don't try and abuse them ,but when I get a dent or ding or the likes , and right now I'm useing the Replica more than the others. I look at it and tell myself ..... See,........ no need to pay extra for Aging. I'm doing it myself. LOL!!! 1 life man.

• 8 months later...

My '99 R9 was in premium condition for a a few years as I babied it along. After the first ding, the tears go away. Now, it 12 years old and it's getting beat up. I still look after it, but I play the thing. It's meant to be played. I've changed a few things(pots and pickups) over the years, but it's been untouched now for at least five years. Play yours, care for it and give it the attention when it needs it.

11 months after starting this thread I've stuck to my guns.

No more babying. Still take care of it but it hangs on my wall with the rest and gets played regularly. Still no dings but it has developed a little buckle rash and seems to like it.

Dave

Archived