Gibson Brands Forums

What band have you seen the most?

ShredAstaire

Never seen any band more than once [unsure] First was T Rex, best was Stones Steel Wheels tour and closest was the Eagles Hell Freezes Over tour, we were on the front row at Manchester UK. We rarely get tours here, the last was the Scorpions last year. I did email JJ Cale to ask when he was next over this way. I got a nice reply from his team but.......... We've got a room you can use JJ and you can bring Eric [thumbup]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

largerfanny has lived! [thumbup]

Ha Ha Ha, just a love of live bands and beer. Lucky to live in the midlands, so the Brum Odeon (excellent venue in the 80's) and the N.E.C. are only about 30 mins away. Although me and my buddy have been to Glasgow, Manchester, Sheffield, Newcastle, London, Leicester, Leeds, Nottingham, Stafford plus Donnington, Knebworth & Milton Keynes to watch gigs!

I saw James Brown twice in the late '60s. I saw ZZ Top once before the beards (early '70s) and once with the beards (late '90s). I saw BB King in Vegas in the early '70s and in Dallas in the early '90s. I saw Anson Funderburgh and the Rockets twice during the '80s.

My drummer is from the DC area and he saw them back in the day, when they had two drummers and were eating acid like it was candy, at the 9:30 Club. Said it was a great show, but he also feared for his life like never before.

The first time I saw them was at the 9:30 club in the early '90's. That was the best out of all their shows I saw. Very outrageous. I thought it was a trip. The thing I liked the best was the long encores they did. They would play extended versions of the songs, slowly increasing and decreasing the tempos as they played. Felt like a musical rollercoaster. Very cool effect.

I also saw them at the PG Equestrian Center and at Hammerjacks in Baltimore. An article in the paper the next day said they were over 130dB at Hammerjacks. I didn't feel any earpain, but it was so loud that I was looking forward to the show ending. I saw John Waters in the crowd there.

Nice. Pecker is one of my top ten favorite films.

I was an extra in Serial Mom. I'm in the denim and reversed baseball hat looking over dolls behind Kathleen Turner in the farmers market scene. It was fun to see how movies are made. Unbelievable amounts of people and activity going on the set. A real education to see.

Archived