Gibson Brands Forums

Your last guitar purchase

cavsrock08

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple weeks ago I received a chipped up black MIM Fat Strat that I did a mod on, adding a switch to give me a choice between a full or split humbucker on position 5 and a split or full humbucker with the middle on position 4.

Before that, going back only a couple months, I got an Epi LP Jr with P90's. I tried the Gibson version and was no more impressed... hate to say it, but in this case, the Epi was just as good.

Before that, another couple months, my Epi Dot, which is being considered as a candidate for a Varitone.

Somewhere in the midst of all that, we also bought a Squier Bullet Strat as a gift for someone.

Fender American Mahogany Special Strat

[thumbup]

One of those, which I love, remembered you had one ChanMan. Before that about 6 months my 1965 Guild A-50, then about 12 months before that my 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio.

and Dave, that would be a fantastic buy, and it is as you described but the pickups have some fancy schmancy system called the S1

it is as you described but the pickups have some fancy schmancy system called the S1

i'm in LOVE with the S1 system on my Amer. Dlx. Strat......it's a phase shifter/reverser/mixer depending on your 5-way selection when the V knobs pressed.

The "F" co. website has a good explanation of the exact functions (better than the o-manual).

my last purchase was May 2010 ... Crafter CT125 ... solid body Classical string electric $475 ... the strings are like butter on your fingers ... drawback is classical strings on an electric has all attack and no sustain

purchase prior to that was Fall 2008 ... Ibanez Masa ... $350 ... Smaller body and slim neck with lower bout cutaway make it a big-toned acoustic that feels and plays like an electric. Dropped the tuning to Eb ... plays great ... dropped another 1/2 to D and it feels like butter.

June of 2007, i purchased an Epiphone Wildat $399 ... it was a 2nd ... my expectations were set too high, i wanted a 335. I am ready psychologically to purchase another guitar, but my income is stagnant ... sure wish someone would make me a killer deal that i couldnt refuse on a "scratch and dent" Johnny A or a 336 with a Bigsby.

In the manner of an update, yesterday I bought a 2 year old mint MIM Std Telecaster, Oly White, nicely yellowed, white guard, maple fretboard. GC actually had it marked $299. For that price, I couldn't pass it up. As much as I like to mess around with mods on my guitars, I've been fighting the specs on an Asian made Squier Tele for a while. It was a decent enough guitar, but hard to find parts that would fit properly. Everything is made for the MIM and MIA specs. The fact the neck is a bit chunkier doesn't hurt. Woth hands the size of mine, spare telephone poles are always something of interest.

i'm in LOVE with the S1 system on my Amer. Dlx. Strat......it's a phase shifter/reverser/mixer depending on your 5-way selection when the V knobs pressed.

The "F" co. website has a good explanation of the exact functions (better than the o-manual).

The S1 opens up a lot of new tones for me to mess around with. I love it too! Its worth giving a shot if you find an S1 equipped guitar.

In order regarding the ones I have now...

1993 Gibson Les Paul Standard (bought in 2004)

2006 BC Rich Mockingbird (bought in 2008)

2009 Fender CD60 (bought in 2010)

1998 Fender Strat (bought in 2010)

???? No name acoustic (acquired in 2010)

2007 Gibson Les Paul Studio (bought in 2011)

Archived