Gibson Brands Forums

Is a J-200 Studio available in Sunburst ?

EuroAussie

I was back at my local guitar shop today playing the 6 Gibbies left over (TomV bought the 7th :-)) and in particular the J-200 studio, which im slowly (or rather quickly) starting to fall for ... oh dear.

But, Ive always wanted a sunburst Gibby and in particular love the burst look on the J-200's.

I took a look at Gibson website and it doesnt exactly state which finish is avaialbe on the studio, just has pics of the natural finish.

Does anybody if this model could be available in sunburst, would it have to be custom ordered ?

AJ - I think I got your bug ... hope it cures soon or Mrs EuroAussie will hit me hard ...lol ..

BTW: what is it about the J-200's that makes the neck so incredibly playable ? Ive never played a guitar where the neck feels just so easy to get around, i find this also on the Epi EJ-200's

cheers.

Does anybody if this model could be available in sunburst, would it have to be custom ordered ?

The only official, standard finish is Antique Natural. Ordering one in Vintage Sunburst would not be a big deal, though. (Probably no upcharge, but the dealer'd have to check.) All Gibson acoustics are built-to-order -- there is no warehouse with an inventory of already-built standard production models sitting around waiting to ship -- so minor changes like this are no big deal, and about 1/3 of guitars they build are "customized" in some way. It's only the big builders, such Martin and Taylor, who make a sharp distinction between production models and customs.

-- Bob R

I was back at my local guitar shop today playing the 6 Gibbies left over (TomV bought the 7th :-)) and in particular the J-200 studio, which im slowly (or rather quickly) starting to fall for ... oh dear.

But, Ive always wanted a sunburst Gibby and in particular love the burst look on the J-200's.

I took a look at Gibson website and it doesnt exactly state which finish is avaialbe on the studio, just has pics of the natural finish.

AJ - I think I got your bug ... hope it cures soon or Mrs EuroAussie will hit me hard ...lol ..

BTW: what is it about the J-200's that makes the neck so incredibly playable ? Ive never played a guitar where the neck feels just so easy to get around, i find this also on the Epi EJ-200's

cheers.

Did you see this one - from a previous thread - beautiful sunburst?

Yes, a Studio in sunburst. I like your thinking.

Did you see this one - from a previous thread - beautiful sunburst?

Yes, a Studio in sunburst. I like your thinking.

Guitar Village had one a few months ago when I was there on my "never ending quest" for the perfect J200.

It played quite nicely and as Rar says it was a special order and interestingly did not carry a premium against the standard guitar

But it was " No bling and no sing" to me

Archived