Gibson Brands Forums

I smell a Gibby in the very near future...

guitargreg1993

Hey everyone!! I found a great deal on a used 2008 SG Special Faded at one of the local music shops... Gonna see if I can get them to throw in a hardshell case and maybe a few extra goodies, then it would be an amazing deal!! I played it on Saturday and I told him I really liked it but would have to think about it. I've done business with the guy before and he's a really nice guy... he said he's willing to work with me to give me a good deal, so it might work out well for me... I'm hoping it does!!

The guitar has a really nice dark-cherry finish (not the really washed-out finishes that they've been having lately), a really comfortable neck, and plays excellent. The guy gave it a really nice set-up and offers free set-ups and string changes for 2 years if you buy a guitar from him, which is a really nice added plus [thumbup]

It may not be that really nice LP Traditional I played a few weeks ago, but nonetheless it is still a very beautiful looking guitar in it's own way, and it's also a very beautiful sounding and great playing guitar. And I can actually afford this one. Hey, it's still a Gibson right?? [biggrin]

I'm going to play it again today; probably won't pull the trigger today since my parents wont be there to help with paying and stuff, but I may ask him to hold it for me until my parents can come in... fingers crossed, wish me luck!! [biggrin]

thanks everyone!! and LPguitarman, its a SG Special Faded (the one thats around $700 new) and it has dot inlays, but eventually I'd probably get some inlay work done; specifically, block inlays and a pearl Gibson logo for the headstock (as the special faded only has the gold silkscreen on it) [biggrin]

Archived