Gibson Brands Forums

Artist who plays on a Gibson Hummingbird

Fiskehat

Hello.

Can some one tell me where I can find information about artist who plays on a Hummingbird.

In Denmark, I know that Allan Olsen and Tina Dickow etc.are using a Hummingbird, but I'd love to hear from you, about other artist.

thanks in advance.

Well i guess the obvious one was Keith Richards back in the 60's, but its a good question.

I dont know too many current artists that use a Hummingbird. Tina Dickow was the only one that came to my mind, and you already mentioned her name.

Anybody else have an idea ..?

Hello.

Can some one tell me where I can find information about artist who plays on a Hummingbird.

In Denmark, I know that Allan Olsen and Tina Dickow etc.are using a Hummingbird, but I'd love to hear from you, about other artist.

thanks in advance.

Well i guess the obvious one was Keith Richards back in the 60's, but its a good question.

Yes, as I see it, Keith is the main man when comes to Hummingbirds. The story says he placed a vox-mic inside the box in 65 and threw himself into the riff of Jumping Jack Flash. Another landmark would be the intro of Angie (can you own a Bird without learning that one).

Nowadays he seems to have taken on a Mart. instead. Jagger however, still swings the flashy H-b. Fortunately as it suits the band so good. . .

KT Tunstall. This vid shows her with a Dove, but I saw her on SNL a few years ago playing this song on a 'Bird.

I saw some cat playing a night time concert in NYC in the winter. Christmas tree lighting? maybe? Might have been Krisitian Bush. The bitter cold made me worry about the 'Bird. [scared]

Why are you so interested out of curiosity ?

Are you doing a thesis on Gibson acoustic guitar history and influence on modern american culture ..? ;-)

Hello.

Thank you very much.

Keep posting if you know more artist playing on a Hummingbird

Fiskehat

• 3 years later...

Archived