Gibson Brands Forums

Sheryl Crow

Blueboy

I have a 1943 Farmall. Amazing how many farmers around here "take" to me when they see it in my yard or see the 10 or so old magazine ads on my office wall (at the USDA, how convenient). Also amazing how much scorn a person can get from other farmers who prefer John Deere. It's silly, really. Reminds me of the fifth grade when we used to wear "Fords Suck" t-shirts (or whatever... change the variable to suit).

I've got six or seven Gibsons and one Martin. I'm sure there is some balding 48 year old plaid-shirted white guy exactly like me with just the opposite in his arsenal. And I've got a lesbian cousin with a roomful of Taylors, so there is balance in nature.

Sheryl Crow is hot even though she doesn't like to use toilet paper. I don't care if she plays a Daisy Rock.

Maybe Martin is making her a sinature model too. They made one for Nancy Wilson and she's been playing Takamine's for years, and on stage she still does.

Being that we all understand that different guitars have different sounds, It would seem kind of silly to expect any serious artist to only play their signature model and nothing else.

Personaly, I think the whole Signature Model thing is a little silly. I'm sure they are all nice guitars but it just seems like it's the latest sales gimmick to me.

No Sheryl Crow as yet - just these..... (and I fancy the Steffan Grossman - sweet guitar)

Trey Anastasio DC / DCE

Ian Anderson 0-28

Gene Autry D-45GA

Joan Baez O-45JB

Beck D-16BH

Norman Blake 000-28B / 000-28

Norman Blake 000-18

Rory Block OM-40

David Bromberg M-42

Jimmy Buffett 000-JBS / 000-JBP

Jimmy Buffett HD-18JB

Martin Carthy 000-18MC

Johnny Cash D-35

Johnny Cash D-42JC

Rosanne Cash OM-28M

Eric Clapton 000-28ECB

Eric Clapton 000-ECHF Bellezza Nera

Eric Clapton 000-42ECB

Eric Clapton 000-ECHF Bellezza Bianca

Eric Clapton 000-42M / 000-42M

Judy Collins HD-35SJC / HD12-35SJC

Shawn Colvin M3SC

Elizabeth Cotten 00-18CTN

Jim Croce D-21JC

David Crosby D-18DC

Dion 000CBD

Lonnie Donegan 000-28LDB / 000-28LD

Pat Donohue OM-30DB

Steve Earle M-21

Elliot Easton HD / HDE

Kenny Edmonds (Babyface) 000C-16RB

Cathy Fink M3H

Lester Flatt D-28LF

Dan Fogelberg D-41DF

Peter Frampton D-42

David Gray 000C

Andy Griffith D-18

Stefan Grossman HJ-38 (nice little piece - I would like one of these Santa Clause.....)

Dave Guard 00-21

Woody Guthrie 000-18WG

Arlo Guthrie 0000-28H

Buddy Guy JC

Merle Haggard 000C-28SMH

Ben Harper HM

Steve Howe (Yes) 00-18SH

Eric Johnson MC-40

Tom Johnston Doobie-42

George Jones D-41GJ

Laurence Juber OMC

Laurence Juber OMC-28B / OMC-28

Laurence Juber OMC-18VLJ

Laurence Juber OMC-18

Mark Knopfler HD-40MK

Mark Knopfler 000-40S

Jonny Lang JLJCR

Gordon Lightfoot D-18GL

Mike Longworth D-45

George Martin M3M

Marcy Marxer MC3H

Dave Matthews DM3MD

John Mayer OM-28

John Mayer OMJM

Del McCoury D-28DM

Roger McGuinn HD-7

Roger McGuinn D12-42RM

Roger McGuinn D-7

Don McLean D-40DM

Steve Miller 000C

Steve Miller 00-37K / 00-37K2

Keb Mo HD-28KM

Geoff Muldaur 00-18H

Graham Nash 000-40Q2GN

Willie Nelson N-20WN

Tim O`Brien 00-18

Tom Paxton HD-40LSH

Tom Petty HD-40 / HD12-40

Diane Ponzio JDP

Diane Ponzio JDP

Elvis Presley D-28 / D-28

Sugar Ray DSR

Robbie Robertson 00-42K / 00-42K2

Jimmie Rodgers 000-45JR

Roy Rogers OM-45 / OM-45B

Peter Rowan 000-40SPR

Richie Sambora OMC-41 / MC12-41

Bob Shane D-28KTBS / D-28KTBSDG

Kenny Wayne Shepherd JC-16KWS

Paul Simon PS2

Paul Simon OM-42PS

Ned Steinberger DCRNS

Stephen Stills 000-45S

Stephen Stills D-45SS

Stephen Stills 0-45S

Sting - Sting Mini

Sting SWC

Jacques Stotzem OMC

Marty Stuart HD-40MS

Kenny Sultan 000-18

Andy Summers 000C-28

Gerry Tolman CSN

Merle Travis D-28M

Kingston Trio KTRIO

Travis Tritt HDC-40

Ernest Tubb D-35

Porter Wagoner D-41

Kitty Wells HTA

Clarence White D-28CWB

Clarence White D-18CW

Hank Williams Sr. D-28HW

Nancy Wilson HD-35

With thanks to C.F.Martin & Co. for the information.

I have a 1943 Farmall. Amazing how many farmers around here "take" to me when they see it in my yard or see the 10 or so old magazine ads on my office wall (at the USDA' date=' how convenient). Also amazing how much scorn a person can get from other farmers who prefer John Deere. It's silly, really. Reminds me of the fifth grade when we used to wear "Fords Suck" t-shirts (or whatever... change the variable to suit).

I've got six or seven Gibsons and one Martin. I'm sure there is some balding 48 year old plaid-shirted white guy exactly like me with just the opposite in his arsenal. And I've got a lesbian cousin with a roomful of Taylors, so there is balance in nature.

Sheryl Crow is hot even though she doesn't like to use toilet paper. I don't care if she plays a Daisy Rock.[/quote']

ha! what a great ad campaign idea for taylor! anyway, why don't you make our beloved sheryl a guitar?

I have a 1943 Farmall. Amazing how many farmers around here "take" to me when they see it in my yard or see the 10 or so old magazine ads on my office wall (at the USDA' date=' how convenient). Also amazing how much scorn a person can get from other farmers who prefer John Deere. It's silly, really. Reminds me of the fifth grade when we used to wear "Fords Suck" t-shirts (or whatever... change the variable to suit).

Sheryl Crow is hot even though she doesn't like to use toilet paper. I don't care if she plays a Daisy Rock.[/quote']

Hah!

You wear PLAID!??

Plaid sucks.

Well, at least you have an arsenal. (I don't.)

Fred

Archived