Gibson Brands Forums

Have you had an impact on someone here?

Artie Owl

Pretty simple, we all spend a lot of time on here, and there seems to be a reason for that. Do you feel like someone here has helped shape your opinion of something? Introduce you to something new? Musically or personally?

Do you feel that in your own personal wisdom you've made a positive impact on someone elses life through this medium?

I know there are many members here who've made a positive impact on me, but I don't think I've really made a big impact on anyone else really.

Swleary has made a huge impact on me, he is the only reason i visit this forum.

the man is a god! my idol! a living legend!!!!! i live and breath for him...

i wrote a poem for him...

Out he reaches touching this darkened soil of an aged earth.

Soft hair and tender eyes he walks this path to its very end.

Colours reaching from a gentle wind giving life's beauty a natural worth.

Slowly bowing, rising, turning, from this smile it sent my friend. [blush]

I don't think I've made a big impact on anyone here. Maybe some day. I spend too much time lurking for that I think. I only pop in when I feel like I can contribute something to the conversation.

I'm no Andy R. His LP Studio rebuild thread is awesome, and he's made a huge impact in getting me excited to do more DIY stuff with my gear. [thumbup]

This place is full of great people and great info. You guys rock.

Plenty of people here have had a positive impact on me.

In the virtual world there have been those who have informed; amused; entertained me with their music clips...the list of those responsible is very long indeed (and, in true 'Oscar-Acceptance-Speech' mode, can I take this opportunity to thank them all?!).

In the real world I've been fortunate to meet some of the members and have become friends with a few, great folk.

As far as the other question goes; I've absolutely no idea. Perhaps I've been able to offer some helpful information through replying to a question.

P.

it would sound boastful to say you influenced or had an impact on someone, even if someone has told you, imo. Helped someone? you could say you were grateful or happy to help someone. on the other hand, I think I caught influenza in here or something..... <_< [biggrin]

Swleary has made a huge impact on me, he is the only reason i visit this forum.

the man is a god! my idol! a living legend!!!!! i live and breath for him...

i wrote a poem for him...

Out he reaches touching this darkened soil of an aged earth.

Soft hair and tender eyes he walks this path to its very end.

Colours reaching from a gentle wind giving life's beauty a natural worth.

Slowly bowing, rising, turning, from this smile it sent my friend. [blush]

Aww mate, your a good friend Steve....your one of a kind [thumbup]

Okay, this may sound silly, but I'd have to say the younger guys - 50 and down <grin> - have made an impression on me. Especially those 20 and younger.

The 20-50 guys give me what I consider valuable insight into pickers in that age group and the music that hits them. Many have skills and background of great value, too; and they're more than willing to share that background as well as do the fewer "older" guys here. Very nice, very much of value to all of us.

The under 20s?

They're perhaps best in some ways because I've seen several - names to remain unmentioned at this point - obviously grow from kids who could seem a little obnoxious into young adults worthy of consideration and respect as adults. As an "old guy," especially an "old picker," that brings me a great deal of optimism about the world and guitar playing. Yeah, there may be differences of opinion, but... when anybody's opinion is well-grounded and reasoned, that's okay by me.

m

I was thinking about building an amp and I've always wanted a Dumble type amp. Surfpup turned me on to Ceriatone amps from an 18 watter he just received.

Now I'm addicted to building amps - perhaps that is a negative influence on my wallet.

I was thinking about building an amp and I've always wanted a Dumble type amp. Surfpup turned me on to Ceriatone amps from an 18 watter he just received.

Now I'm addicted to building amps - perhaps that is a negative influence on my wallet.

My apologies, Rog. Tell the wife it's my fault! [biggrin]

Impact on someone's life?

On a guitar forum?

Maybe slightly.

I have met some wonderful guitarist on here and consider all of you friends. I appreciate the quality exchange of information and humor.

I don't always agree with some of the opinions expressed here but thats life.

The info gathered on here has definitely helped me make some purchase decisions and hopefully I helped someone in the past few years.

But who knows for sure.

Do you feel like you've made a positive impact on someone's life here?

Eh, on a tiny, small scale.

Got some nice emails and PMs from people here telling me so.

If I can help anybody, it's like paying it forward.

Karma, whatever... [rolleyes]

Do you feel like someone here has made a positive impact on you?

I know there are good people in this world.

I know there's good in people who may not be otherwise worth a sh!t...

There are young people (Milo noted this) who are on top of their game.

Warms my heart to know that not EVERYBODY is learning only what TV shows 'em...

Got some links I sorta use as a benchmark to ascertain where some folks are coming from;

http://www.earlyamerica.com/earlyamerica/freedom/doi/text.html

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

http://kingjamesbible.com/

http://www.nra.org/home.aspx/

http://www.fairtax.org/site/PageServer

I figure if they don't "get" what's on those sites, there's a limit to the help I can offer...

B)

I don't know if I have made any impact on anyones life but hopefully I have contributed to their knowledge and enjoyment of the forum.

Everyone I have had contact with on here has been positive one way or the other. This is the only forum I have ever participated In and have found it to be very inspirational, thought provoking, funny, fun, and a completely positive experience.

Regards to all,

Andy

This community in general has had a positive impact on me, my playing, and my listening choices.

I don't really think I've personally impacted anyone, but perhaps as part of the whole I've done some good. And hopefully I've done a little something for the old Nighthawk's reputation in all my raves about it.

Loads of the guys here have, if nothing else, introduced me to loads of new music. Beyond being a wealth of information you guys are all nice guys.

I honestly can't say if I've had a positive impact, I can hope I have, but I wont say I have.

This place has given me loads of GAS though...

Archived