Gibson Brands Forums

Dirty Fingers for Explorer?

MNash87

I'm getting a 76 Reissue Explorer next week and I'm wondering what pickups to put in it. I don't particularly like the 500T, but I'm thinking about a Dirty Fingers. What to put in the neck, though. Thinking about that or some Duncans. We play classic rock, old 80's metal, and some alternative rock on the heavier side. I love the Scorpions tone, Dokken, Priest, Maiden, Whitesnake, Blue Murder, those kinds of bands. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I have got an Explorer with 500T and 496R and another one with Dirty fingers Pups. Dirty fingers are great pickups...maybe just a little less versatile at the neck position than the 496R but great for heavy/ hard rock. In the bridge position a Dirty finger is just awesome. I believe they would be perfect for the music you play

• 6 months later...

I play a 1983 E2 with the dirty fingers. It's great for high sustained/distorted leads and rhythms. It belts out great on southern rock songs by

38 Special, Skynard, etc. Great for classic arena rock songs. Some of the best solos can be found with the tone zeroed out on the neck pickup!!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived