Gibson Brands Forums

60's Tribute Les Paul Studio

xxx

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wildwood was told by Gibson that the GTs will begin shipping "sometime in May."

GC on line pushed back the GT order that had also been previously pushed beck from May 2nd to June 5th.

Called Gibson Customer service to try to find out why the delay and was told to go through GC, called GC who got a superviser's superviser that is the person who can contact Gibson directly to attempt to get an answer and Nada! I was told Gibson has not responded.

Put in my online order Feb 11th, my daughter was born before getting the gold top, I read on this forum that people have gone on Irak tours and back and still nothing, what is going on Gibson? are we getting these? before the summer tour begins?

Y

GC on line pushed back the GT order that had also been previously pushed beck from May 2nd to June 5th.

Called Gibson Customer service to try to find out why the delay and was told to go through GC, called GC who got a superviser's superviser that is the person who can contact Gibson directly to attempt to get an answer and Nada! I was told Gibson has not responded.

Put in my online order Feb 11th, my daughter was born before getting the gold top, I read on this forum that people have gone on Irak tours and back and still nothing, what is going on Gibson? are we getting these? before the summer tour begins?

Y

Hang in there bro!

Got my volume/tone knob pointers, for my '60's Tribute Gold Top, yesterday, in

the mail, from Gibson. Thanks, Gibson! Appreciate your help, and timely shipping. [thumbup]

CB

I got mine Friday. They came FEDEX.

I got my GT from Sam Ash recently after a two month wait. The build date was March 28th. I almost canceled a couple times but am glad I didn't. It has a nice two piece body and the correct knobs and pointers. Action was a little high but that has been corrected. :)

Got my volume/tone knob pointers, for my '60's Tribute Gold Top, yesterday, in

the mail, from Gibson. Thanks, Gibson! Appreciate your help, and timely shipping. [thumbup]

CB

Charlie, should the Studio 60's Tribute have come with pointers fitted, or are they an extra that you are adding?

Ian.

Charlie, should the Studio 60's Tribute have come with pointers fitted, or are they an extra that you are adding?

Ian.

Actually, that's a good question. Some did, apparently. Mine, and a lot of others, did Not.

But, Gibson has sent the replacement pointers, for me to install...so, I'm not sure, if they

"should" have done that, at the factory, or not. If they weren't supposed to be on there, in

the first place, I don't think Gibson would have just sent replacements, at no cost. But, who

knows? I'm just thankful, they did. ;>)

CB

Actually, that's a good question. Some did, apparently. Mine, and a lot of others, did Not.

But, Gibson has sent the replacement pointers, for me to install...so, I'm not sure, if they

"should" have done that, at the factory, or not. If they weren't supposed to be on there, in

the first place, I don't think Gibso would have just sent replacements, at no cost. But, who

knows? I'm just thankful, they did. ;>)

CB

Thanks Charlie, maybe I should e-mail them.

Ian.

Hang in there bro!

Thanks Bro, oh I'm hangin in of course, I love these guitars tried out a couple already in a few stores, just waiting for my Gold Top, in little over a month, or later...

As long as it comes in which I am confident it will, it's just the "stringing along" that has been a bit frustrating. Looking at it in a positive light I trust that the right guitar will come at the most opportune time, the waiting period is only enhancing the payoff when it comes in.

Cheers everyone,

Y

Thanks Charlie, maybe I should e-mail them.

Ian.

Yeah, Ian...try that. Can't hurt. If they don't, for some reason...then AllParts, or Stew Mac, have them, here in the States, and I'm sure you can get them, elsewhere in the UK, and Europe, too.

Best of Luck,

Cheers,

CB

Thanks Bro, oh I'm hangin in of course, I love these guitars tried out a couple already in a few stores, just waiting for my Gold Top, in little over a month, or later...

As long as it comes in which I am confident it will, it's just the "stringing along" that has been a bit frustrating. Looking at it in a positive light I trust that the right guitar will come at the most opportune time, the waiting period is only enhancing the payoff when it comes in.

Cheers everyone,

Y

Mate I am still waiting like you for my GT's, It feels like 6 months already.

I got a phone call today that gave me a timeline of pick up from the store next week on Friday.

I am emotionally exhausted from the long wait but I know that will all be forgotten when I unpack it and plug into my Fender Pro Tube Twin Amp.

Well I must admit that a couple of weeks ago I was considering cancelling the order and purchasing a LP TRAD honeyburst, I still think I will buy the trad.

Anyway just letting you know I share your frustrations.

Cheers :)

Mate I am still waiting like you for my GT's, It feels like 6 months already.

I got a phone call today that gave me a timeline of pick up from the store next week on Friday.

I am emotionally exhausted from the long wait but I know that will all be forgotten when I unpack it and plug into my Fender Pro Tube Twin Amp.

Well I must admit that a couple of weeks ago I was considering cancelling the order and purchasing a LP TRAD honeyburst, I still think I will buy the trad.

Anyway just letting you know I share your frustrations.

Cheers :)

Nothing but good Karma to you brother from down under, appreciate the support and I also believe that before we realize we will be playing away the backorder blues on our Gold Tops, now just don't forget to post pictures when you get it as the good Charlie Brown would write, "or else it didn't happen"

Cheers everybody,

Y

• 1 month later...

Gibson Les Paul Studio 60s Tribute Electric Guitar, Worn Gold Top

WOW, I love my Gibson Gold top. Very nice, very nice. And the price is very fair.

BTW, the Gibson Les Paul Studio 60s Tribute Electric Guitar, Worn Gold Top is SOLD OUT everywhere.

But I just found out that Amazon have it in stock now. They only have 20 in stock when I post here, so if you want one, you need to hurry, or it will be gone.

gibson-60s-gold-top-les-paul-03.jpg

gibson-60s-gold-top-les-paul-06.jpg

• 1 month later...

I returned home from a 3day business trip last night at midnight to discover my 60's Tribute Gold Top had arrived. I was up till 2:00AM playing that bad boy! Two piece body. Paid $700 from HelloMusic.com. I have three other Pauls including a 86 black Standard, 93 violet Classic plus top and an 06 alpine white Custom. The build quality of this 60's tribute is excellent and it has a vibe all it's own. Definitely a nice addition to the collection. Can't wait to gig it!

Hi guys!

Juat received my first Gibson yesterday and i have to say i shouldn't have wait this long to buy one. The guitar is amazing and plays like a dream. For a long time Fender man even the tuners feel very solid and stable ;) (Still love my Stratocasters, don't get me wrong)It's a honey burst and looks really nice. It appears to be a two piece but i'm not worried about that. The only line i can see goes right in the middle.

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/JimiSublime/Gibson/04-Gibson.jpg

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/JimiSublime/Gibson/03-Gibson.jpg

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/JimiSublime/Gibson/01-Gibson.jpg

Hi guys!

Juat received my first Gibson yesterday and i have to say i shouldn't have wait this long to buy one. The guitar is amazing and plays like a dream. For a long time Fender man even the tuners feel very solid and stable ;) (Still love my Stratocasters, don't get me wrong)It's a honey burst and looks really nice. It appears to be a two piece but i'm not worried about that. The only line i can see goes right in the middle.

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/JimiSublime/Gibson/04-Gibson.jpg

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/JimiSublime/Gibson/03-Gibson.jpg

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/JimiSublime/Gibson/01-Gibson.jpg

Congrats Bro! Welcome to the Gibson Family. Once you're in, you're down for life. Trust me.

You should start a new thread, titled "NGD! Honeyburst 60's tribute" or something like that. BTW- NGD- "New Guitar Day"

I have a question- looking at your photos I noticed a something a little different- on the 3rd photo, there's a small darker area going from the neck PU over to the edge of the top; is that a darker spot in the finish, or is it a shadow of the neck from the lighting?

I have a question- looking at your photos I noticed a something a little different- on the 3rd photo, there's a small darker area going from the neck PU over to the edge of the top; is that a darker spot in the finish, or is it a shadow of the neck from the lighting?

Thanks for your answer. I think my guitar is darker than any other tribute 60's in Honey Burst i've seen so far, including the horn, it's really dark. But i like it that way and like that it's different :) And yes, already thinking about my next Gibson! Have a good one everyone.

- RG

Guest rogerb

Gibson has not released an official production number for the 60's tribute. These are already sold out although you may still be able to find one at a dealer. Great guitars and great value!

Archived