Gibson Brands Forums

Unbridled Optimism

jannusguy2

Hilarious Jannusguy ! . . [lol]

Wait, great sales setup lines - . . This guitar has been in my family for 40 + years. . . Has been played on the Grand Ole Opre.

Now, if the seller can find a sucker willing to part with $15K for a fairy tale. . . [laugh]. . . [lol]. . . [laugh]. . . [lol]

Wait, great sales setup lines - . . This guitar has been in my family for 40 + years. . . Has been played on the Grand Ole Opre.

I recently saw a craigslist guitar ad with the extra-alluring line: "Recently tuned!" I kid you not....

I sent this missive to the seller:

Hi, just wondering what it is about this particular guitar that would have you price it roughly $12,000.00 higher than what one of these of these, of this vintage, might actually sell for. Did it belong to Bob Dylan or someone like that? Good luck! You might consider doing a completed auction search on late 50's J-50s just for laughs.

I got this reply:

Thanks for the info. This came from a family member that had played along with some country music superstars. I do know the value of this guitar, but everyone has a price to sell this is mine.

I wished him luck again and assured him ebayers would be watching to see how he did. watching and chuckling.

Archived