Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
onewilyfool

Has anyone bought a BRAND NEW Gibson guitar in 2011???

A late 2010 Keb Mo model I recently purchased.... so not much need to prompt me for a pic, here's one below. It's impossible to photograph though as there is no red ring like you can see in the photo, it looks much more like the stock Gibson photo than this indicates.

DSC00830.jpg

Yep, my Aaron Lewis SJ, and I hope that will be my last purchase of the year or Mrs Euroaussie will give me a serious butt kicking ..

post-15069-013477200 1304432210_thumb.jpg

I got a new 2011 Hummingbird Pro a few weekends ago for a wedding gift (feel very lucky). The serial number indicates 2011 build as well, so pretty new. Sounds good to start so can't wait until it gets more playing time and opens up. Thread

Bought a hummingbird standard couple of months ago. I went new because 2nd hand guitars in London tend to be overpriced + interest free credit on new models is a plus. I loved it. Best guitar I ever played. Wait, not quite... But the hummingbird custom in the shop was about £6000. Now that was sweet

Received a 2011 Southern Jumbo NV from Music Villa about 2 weeks ago, as a result of selling an archtop I wasn't using. The SJ New Vintage is a great instrument, very playable with that easy 24.75" scale, has a very balanced tone, I like the strings that it came with, I think they're Gibson Masters. I've got a few other acoustics both Gibson and Martin so this SJ will fit in with the rest of the acoustics. Music Villa was easy to work with and treated me like a valued customer, more so than the other 4 places I called.

Bought a J-45TV and it is one of the best sounding, playing and looking Guitars I've owned or had my hands on in the past 36 years. Simply amazing! Everyday, I look forward to coming home to play it. This Guitar practically calls to me 24/7.

I bought a Gibson Hummingbird Artist which has already been customized into an almost "real HB":

P1050611.jpg

Waverly tuners, LR Baggs M1 pickup, new pickguard...

It's a very light guitar with amazing playability and tone.