Gibson Brands Forums

Holy Moly P-90's!

Andre S

Oh great.

Now I have GAS for the Billie Joe model.

Damn it.

[cursing][cursing][cursing] :unsure: :unsure: [drool][drool][drool]

Go New Production, great mod platform, and the white one has an ebony finger board.

I have my 01' all rodded out, 90's era hand wound Armstrong S-90 good pots and a Sprague OD cap.

intonatable schaller with the option of a bigsby, she aint pretty but she's got a bad attitude.

This is with Bigsby:

Picture010-1.jpg

I currently use it wrap around.

i disagree... beautiful! :)

that photo was take right after the re finish in 07'.

The original black gloss nitro was in hard shape so I stripped it down,

hit it with 5 coats of boiled linseed oil.

Followed by approximately fifty hand rubbed coats of butchers wax.

it has developed some darker oil spots from being my main guitar and gigging the last four years.

I think the best Gibson p90 guitar is the SG Special, or Classic, as it is called now.

The new "Classics" are sexy as hell, especially the natural finish one, that's one of the contenders for my next acquisition.

That or the Junior DC.

Wow is right.

It is NOT hype.

Listening doesn't do it - you gotta PLAY some P-90s before you really "get" it. [thumbup]

Gotta get me 56 RI.

Or a White 60's tribute Sg and slap a maestro on. OR an SG Classic.

Decisions Decisions.

[lol]

After hearing that I had to get out the LP Studio '50 Tribute Gold Top! A hairy roar-power at your fingertips. If you don't have big ones before you play P90's, you will after. I always liked their sound, I just didn't know how much till I played them.

I was going to post the Mike Ness video, but Californiaman beat me to it. Man, I love the tone he's getting out of those P-90s (I'm sure the Bassman/Marshall rig he's got going on doesn't hurt!).

Nope Not At All,

I am proud owner of a 78' B-Man 135.

they CRUSH, super super clean, gobs of head room.

if your pedals are your tone(Ness uses a 78 boss ds 1,),

than this is an amp to consider.

I have my 87 rat looped in series with my GE 7, through my NS 2.

better tone curve and it doesn't color the tone of the FRV1 reverb.

an added bonus is that the vol on the GE7 in this config. acts a a sort of attenuator.

this is by far the best rig I have ever owned.

Hope this helps!

Gibson_SG_Special_ReIssue_VOS_000621_1.jpg

I want the 60's tribute in white. Its the only P-90 SG I can afford.

Except the Classic but thats bleh....P-90's look better with the small pickguard. Can you imagine how great it would look with a Maestro.

Vibramate better hurry it up.

What's with all the dislike for big pickguard SGs lately, I must be the only one on earth that likes "batwing" SGs better than small guard SGs. Oh well, go figure:)

You're not the only one, to me an SG doesn't look right unless it has the "batwing" pg.

Warning: P-90's May Cause Intense, and Permanent Distaste For Humbuckers.

msp_lol.gifmsp_lol.gifmsp_lol.gif

IMHO best P-90 Gibson is the Junior.

I agree on the Junior, i tried one at Guitar Center and loved it! While i wouldnt ever want to choose between humbuckers or p-90s if i had to id probably take the 90s just to be different [biggrin] . I saw a guy on Youtube who took his goldtop epi and replaced the p-90s with humbuckers and i kept thinkin to myself WHY WHY WHY? He just took the most original, unique aspect of his les paul and just made it sound like every other at the expense of hundreds of dollars to lose all the charecter.

P-90s have a growl about them and a more classic sound that really makes them stand out, one of my dream guitars would be to get one with a Bigsby [thumbup]

I agree on the Junior, i tried one at Guitar Center and loved it! While i wouldnt ever want to choose between humbuckers or p-90s if i had to id probably take the 90s just to be different [biggrin] . I saw a guy on Youtube who took his goldtop epi and replaced the p-90s with humbuckers and i kept thinkin to myself WHY WHY WHY? He just took the most original, unique aspect of his les paul and just made it sound like every other at the expense of hundreds of dollars to lose all the charecter.

P-90s have a growl about them and a more classic sound that really makes them stand out, one of my dream guitars would be to get one with a Bigsby [thumbup]

well also there is some speculation that Juniors only having the one bridge pup leaves more wood at the base of the neck and less magnetic interference with the strings. leading to better sustain and tone.

In theory.

Archived