Gibson Brands Forums

Boutique Pedals

Californiaman

What's the most you've seen for a boutique pedal?

I've seen a couple of the '69 Fuzz pedals go for close to $600.00

A Way Huge Red Llama and a WH Green Rhino around $500.00

It's really crazy what a good boutique pedal can cost.

A vintage Klon Centaur is going for darn near $1,000.00.

Those are WAY out of my price range.

Years ago I think I paid around $350 for a Mesa Boogie V-twin pedal. It was the first pedal I remember that had actual tubes inside of it - two 12AX7 tubes. It was basically the preamp section of one of their amps.

I do have a Tim pedal on order. I expect a call from Paul Cochrane very soon. I think it will be around $169 or so

I know a guy who makes his own pedals. He's a both a mechanical and electrical engineer and works for a very high-end audio speaker company. He knows his stuff. He sat in with our band last week and brought one of his high gain distortion pedals for the other guitarist and it was very well made and sounded great. He can clone any pedal or amp for that matter out there. I'm going to have him make me a chorus and delay for $75 each or possible trade for some machining work he needs done.

Anyway, the point I started to make is that he says any pedal out there, only has about $20 worth of materials in it. :-k

The issue with BYOC is that their prices are up there with finished pedals of good quality and you still have to build it.

I am working on a BC109 fuzz and the materials cost me $25 at effectsconnection.com

This is true - they are a little cheaper though. Like try buying a reissue TS-808 for less than $100. I think they run around $180. The BYOC Over Drive 2 kit cost $95 and it comes with the materials to make a clone of the TS-808 and two other botique pedals to be used via mini-toggles; very versatile pedal. I really like the one I built.

What makes BYOC great is that

1. These are great tools to learn how pedals are made so it's great for a beginner or experienced alike,

2. they have a pretty good community of people who will help you,

3. they supply the printed circuit board, and

4. All of the parts come from one supplier.

So yeah, the parts are around $40 (20 for electric and up to 20 for the box - depending on size). But not having to source the parts from various places thus paying multiple shipping is really great.

What's the most you've seen for a boutique pedal?

I've seen a couple of the '69 Fuzz pedals go for close to $600.00

A Way Huge Red Llama and a WH Green Rhino around $500.00

It's really crazy what a good boutique pedal can cost.

A vintage Klon Centaur is going for darn near $1,000.00.

yea the most I've seen is a vintage klon going for 1500$.....

Pedals are great.............botitutque are great....

Robet Johnson's pedals included Wine, Women, and Song.........re-named as Drugs, Sex, and Rock and Roll.............

Hmmm,..........botitutque anyone ?????.........

Pedals are great.............botitutque are great....

Robet Johnson's pedals included Wine, Women, and Song.........re-named as Drugs, Sex, and Rock and Roll.............

Hmmm,..........botitutque anyone ?????.........

Renamed High class women

Renamed High class women

High current women, by-pass women, hard by-pass women, or what ??....If high class, ......how qualiy were the circuits..???

Or the women in the ' Circus ' circuit of Robert.........Hmmm.......

A " Robert Johnson " pedal would be, ah heck, he didn't use pedals, WE USE HIS LEGACY........

Anyways, djroge 1, I actually went down to the crossroads, " Tried to take a pee, no one semed to know me, so took a pee..."

Archived