Gibson Brands Forums

2005 GIBSON Memphis DOT ES-335 GUITAR on EBAY (FIXER) ►

louweed

I think your opening bid might be a little optomistic. You might be able to sell it for 1450, but there probably aren't a lot of bidders. If it was me, I would have put an opening bid of about a thousand or eleven hundred on there. Or better yet, get it fixed and then sell it as a fixed guitar. You'd get more out of it that way.

I think your opening bid might be a little optomistic.

To say the least.

This guitar in "standard" condition would sell for around $1700 - $1900. A major structural REPAIR would devalue it by 50% (under $1000). In "as is" condition you will have to deduct another $200 - $300.

In my "educated" opinion, your starting bid is already about twice what the guitar is worth.

You would be much better off having it fixed and then selling it, IMO. Selling it broken like this leaves a lot to chance, and the price people are willing to pay is going to be lower. Get it professionally repaired, then take some nice pics of the repair, and maybe even sell it with a warrnty from the luthier who repairs it - now you're offering something valuable that someone will want to pay for. Still, people are going to expect a healthy discount off the price of a non-repaired one.

Archived