Gibson Brands Forums

Tuners for early '70s "slot head"

Atomsk

Greetings:

I have an old EB-0 that has been stripped of all it's hardware. I can replace most of it with parts available in the aftermarket, and I found a used pickup online that fits this model (it even has the "Gibson" engraved cover).

However, I cannot find a set of tuners for this bass. I have asked, and it seems that these "slot head" style instruments (I believe Gibson used the same style head on guitars as well as basses between '70 and '72) used a tuner called the Schaller M-4-C Classic. It seems like they made these out of 100% pure Unobtanium. I can't find any for sale anywhere.

Can someone help me find a source for these parts?

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings:

I have an old EB-0 that has been stripped of all it's hardware. I can replace most of it with parts available in the aftermarket, and I found a used pickup online that fits this model (it even has the "Gibson" engraved cover).

However, I cannot find a set of tuners for this bass. I have asked, and it seems that these "slot head" style instruments (I believe Gibson used the same style head on guitars as well as basses between '70 and '72) used a tuner called the Schaller M-4-C Classic. It seems like they made these out of 100% pure Unobtanium. I can't find any for sale anywhere.

Can someone help me find a source for these parts?

You got some pics?

If you don't get any response, open a thread on the Lounge board with a link back here.

Archived