Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone got $7,550 I can borrow?

meanstreak

You won't need $7550, it's an "or Make Offer" auction. The Buy-it-Now price is roughly twice the top VG Price Guide value. Granted, it's probably the best Frontier on the planet, but still, Norm will obviously take less, maybe much less. I've met Norm and seen some of his collection, he's got a lot of choice examples of most every guitar of interest, but his auction starting prices have tended to be, shall we say, a tad optimistic?

Brian

You won't need $7550, it's an "or Make Offer" auction. The Buy-it-Now price is roughly twice the top VG Price Guide value. Granted, it's probably the best Frontier on the planet, but still, Norm will obviously take less, maybe much less. I've met Norm and seen some of his collection, he's got a lot of choice examples of most every guitar of interest, but his auction starting prices have tended to be, shall we say, a tad optimistic?

Brian

Ya, I offered him $100 but he said no! [biggrin]

The 2010 VG Price Guide top value for this is $3100. So even if you double that for "best on the planet" condition (someone might!) $7550 is still way over the top, especially for an Epiphone, and a model that almost nobody really cares about.

Hope springs eternal?

Brian

Archived