Gibson Brands Forums

Fred61...are you happy or sad about this?

ShredAstaire

I wasn't sure how it was going to be when they recorded a new one, I think its better like this because what's done is done. Jack White has moved on and is doing tons of stuff, and to be honest, I don't think they could match up to what was done before because Jack White has progressed too much.

I appreciate and loved what the White Stripes were, but I'm not sure if I would like a new album.

So to sum it all up, I'm kind of on the fence about this, I would like a tour or something so I could see them live once, but I'm glad they didn't make this whole deal out of it and make an album.

More time for him to work on the new Raconteurs album that is supposed to be in the works this year [thumbup]

Four Stars is the latest one which Jack White released, and Dual Mono is full of goodness. If you ever want some pop songs for the ladies, check out Brendan Benson's solo work, filled with "get me laid" goodness [biggrin]

is it ridiculous that my favorite song off Dual Mono is Pigtails and Kneesocks?

A very sad day for rock. I love the White Stripes in all of their ragged glory. Don't get me wrong, I like Jack White's other projects, but nothing compares to the songs or the chemistry he and Meg had.

And that's one of the reasons because he didn't want to soil it and leave it at the beauty that it is. Things have changed to much for them to stay as The White Stripes. I respect both of them so much more because it had to be so hard to walk away from all of the money, the fame, etc. That is all people would be talking about for 2011, sold out shows, etc. To be able to say 'it doesn't feel right' and not do it, takes a lot of balls.

I posted this on facebook and a lot of people are pissed off about it, and I think its better to respect what was.

Me? I'm going to watch Under Great White Northern Lights. Great movie if you haven't seen it yet, tons of footage from shows and cool interviews. All aboot their tour of Canadadadadada

But yes, very sad. Fred's heart is missing a little piece now

There are only a few bands that released a lot of material that I have everything from. I have a bunch of bands that only released a couple albums and I have everything.

Of the bands that released a lot of stuff, I have everything by Pinback (and a bunch of side projects), the Pixies, Radiohead, The Beatles and a few other bands that I can't think of right now. I need to get more Black Keys. Right now I have Brothers and Thickfreakness. I have so many different albums and stuff it's ridiculous haha.

There are only a few bands that released a lot of material that I have everything from. I have a bunch of bands that only released a couple albums and I have everything.

Of the bands that released a lot of stuff, I have everything by Pinback (and a bunch of side projects), the Pixies, Radiohead, The Beatles and a few other bands that I can't think of right now. I need to get more Black Keys. Right now I have Brothers and Thickfreakness. I have so many different albums and stuff it's ridiculous haha.

Those are my two favorite albums by them. The Big Come Up and The Rubber Factory are also up there. Attack and Release is just a really solid record, also amazing

Okay...

I ain't a fan, dunno much about the two. But I've seen lotza similar stuff.

Odds are good it just didn't work to blend the musical direction of the two under changing circumstances. That also hits personal relationships and everything else.

Ain't just these two. Ain't just their music. It's people. When an artistic cooperative has band members going different directions outside the group, one must needs figure the group ain't lasting very long regardless of style.

m

No. No. No [crying]

I guess I've seen it coming for some time, but I always hoped they at least could make a single or two every other year.

And they had to do it on the 33rd day of the year, why am I not surprised?

Hey, he could have waited for 333rd day [lol]

On that note, 3 has always been my favorite number and since I became a Jack White fan, everyone makes fun of me for it

I think it would have been amazing if they toured though.

Okay...

I ain't a fan, dunno much about the two. But I've seen lotza similar stuff.

Odds are good it just didn't work to blend the musical direction of the two under changing circumstances. That also hits personal relationships and everything else.

Ain't just these two. Ain't just their music. It's people. When an artistic cooperative has band members going different directions outside the group, one must needs figure the group ain't lasting very long regardless of style.

m

This is the truth. Just sad that it is ending. As George Harrison sang, "All things must pass..."

Most of those guys are full on metal heads who simply don't appreciate the blues influence in rock music....don't worry 'bout them.

but full on metal is based back to the blues.

but for all the people to say he should kill himself, are idiots. I get people saying he should get lessons, that just shows ignorance, but saying he should kill himself? ****ing retarded

Archived