Gibson Brands Forums

Bridge pickup...

SG dude

Hey guys!

I'm thinking of buying a new bridge pickup for my Burny SG, but i was thinking, for something different from what I normally do (both pickups being covered) make the bridge pickup uncovered. But I dont want it to loook naff, so I was wondering if anybody has any pics of SG's with a Zebra pickup in the bridge, or perhaps a double cream bobbin pickup in the bridge?

Just to see how it would look.

Thanks Guys.

Ryan.

Hey guys!

I'm thinking of buying a new bridge pickup for my Burny SG, but i was thinking, for something different from what I normally do (both pickups being covered) make the bridge pickup uncovered. But I dont want it to loook naff, so I was wondering if anybody has any pics of SG's with a Zebra pickup in the bridge, or perhaps a double cream bobbin pickup in the bridge?

Just to see how it would look.

Thanks Guys.

Ryan.

IMO the cream would really conflict with the pickguard of your sg, i'm assuming it's black. but depending on the finish color and binding age you could pull off a cream look... maybe! look at the guitar centers sg standard exclusive. it has zebra coil taps. so grab a look and see what you think!

good luck!

Hi man, thanks for the link. I get what your saying about the possible clash. My guitar is essentially an SG standard if you look at it. And its finished in a nice deep cherry red. Funnily enough, not long after posting I found a vid on youtube...

but I still cant decide...

Ryan.

Archived