Gibson Brands Forums

Slash Plays Brown Sugar

Californiaman

perhaps he's realizing as so many have that, sometimes less is more !

the origional didn't have a gazillion note solo played at 480 bps, so why should he "over-do" it?

sounded quite good except for a touch too much breakup for that particular song (just my opinion, flog if you wish)

i'm not a "Slash Fan" by any means, but that was cool.......

When some people are haters, there's nothing you can do . . . . . . .

. . . . . make hatin' statements all you want while you eat yer hearts out -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JgSp_pS3ZE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDkDG5tqkWo

This bloke'll eat Slash up for breakfast and s**t him out for dinner.

I can't see what people see in him.

I agree he's written some good songs. But he's not a great guitar player by a long shot.

A marketing dream, yes.

... I can honestly say I can play better than that.

[blink]. . . :-k

... eat Slash up for breakfast and s**t him out for dinner.

I can't see what people see in him. ...

The ticket buying (and guitar buying) public disagrees with your assessment - - they must be seeing something you aren't.

I'm not selling greatness. But he's certainly better than a bathroom drop after dinner.

The ticket buying (and guitar buying) public disagrees with your assessment - - they must be seeing something you aren't.

I'm not selling greatness. But he's certainly better than a bathroom drop after dinner.

Marketing. It's the image not the playing.

Marketing. It's the image not the playing.

No one's buying that.

BTW - Gibson.com readers ranked The Top 50 Guitar Players of All Time - http://www.fretbase.com/blog/2010/06/gibsoncom-readers-rank-the-top-50-guitar-players-of-all-time/

Here's the Gibson link (spread over a few pages) - http://www.gibson.com/en-us/lifestyle/Features/Top-50-Guitarists-528/

Guess who at #34

Not that I totally agree. But there you have it.

Aren't they the same ones who told us how great Justin Bieber was?

I'm not really hating on Slash. He's not the worst in the world. I'm just saying his legend is bigger then his talent. Gary Richrath played circles around him and yet he won't make anyone list of "top players" cause he didn't think of the hat thing. B)

I think there's some serious jealousy floating around this thread...................

Slash is a great guitarist. Is he as good as some of the guys that are 20 years older than him? Hell no! But he's still a really good guitarist. You guys need to stop hatin' on him cause he's famous and your not.

Well, I thought Slash did a pretty good job on that song. Not great, but pretty good.

What ruined it for me was the vocalist. Also, yeah, Slash's rhythm tone was a bit too gritty and "scooped" to keep up with the horns.\

His solo was cool. He used up every hard-rock cliche in existence, but it was cool nonetheless. Just what I expected from Slash.

I'm not in the either the hate Slash or the love Slash camps. I don't think he is the second coming of Hendrix like some kids today think he is, but I like some of his work and tone with GNR. These days, not so much.

Also, how does he keep from hurting his back playing all crouched down like that, he ain't as young as he used to be....... [smile]

Well, I thought Slash did a pretty good job on that song. Not great, but pretty good.

What ruined it for me was the vocalist. Also, yeah, Slash's rhythm tone was a bit too gritty and "scooped" to keep up with the horns.\

His solo was cool. He used up every hard-rock cliche in existence, but it was cool nonetheless. Just what I expected from Slash.

Exactly

Archived