Gibson Brands Forums

Volume Pedals

neilpanda

I know you have probably already thought of this, but have you tried setting one pickup for a hotter sound, and another one at a lower volume? I do that, and just use the pickup selector to go from soft to loud

On topic, everything I have heard about volume pedals points to the EB

I know you have probably already thought of this, but have you tried setting one pickup for a hotter sound, and another one at a lower volume? I do that, and just use the pickup selector to go from soft to loud

On topic, everything I have heard about volume pedals points to the EB

I forgot to mention the I cant reach my pickup slector switch in time as well [flapper]

I cant help if I have t rex arms!

Morley makes a good volume pedal. I use mine all the time.

I tried out a Rocktron Hex Volume pedal and it sucked hard....and the expression part of it didnt even work...so that's made me hate volume pedals...though those Ernie Balls do look pretty cool...

I like and use a Morley Little Alligator volume.

Another thing you could use instead is a Stutter/kill box.

ModTone makes one that I've been looking at called the Stutter Kill.

1 footswitch is the stutter switch that kills the signal only while you are pressing the button.

You can do a stuttered effect with it if you press the button really fast too.

The other switch is a traditional kill switch.

It's pretty cool. Just an idea and has a smaller footprint on your pedalboard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOBVSF2SU0Q

Since I'm not at the home guitar room computer <grin>, to be honest, I've had mine so long I don't remember the brand. Heck, they may not even make it any more. But if I were to go back to playing a lotta rock or electric blues in a band, I'd use one all the time as I did in the old days.

It's the only way to get player-controlled sustain, really, as well as to do a number of other neat things to control attack. Roy Buchanan did that same thing with his pickin' finger pinkie on a Tele, a one-time bandmate of mine did the same thing with a jazzmaster. Frankly lack of that master volume is my one criticism of Gibson four-dial twin pickup setups - so then it's to the foot pedal which works quite well.

m

Dude, play with the volume at 10 or go home!

But seriously I can't adjust volume quickly and the only guitar I have with the knob right there is my Strat and that is the only thing I hate about Strats.

Does a volume pedal create the same effect on your amp/other pedals than when you use the knob on our guitar?

Stiffhand...

In my experience, yes - not really much change at all, listen to Buchanan as a f'raxample.

But if you're intentionally overdriving the amp, it may not. Getting overdrive from pedals probably it would.

m

I have a volume pedal brand Schaller f121depuis 15 years, it works like new, no need battery, there are two position.

1 - you cut the sound up to 15% of the initial

2 - you cut the sound completely.

I play most of the time with a volume tone pedal from Fender. I love the thing especially when playing an electric acoustic or even a 335. I like this on because the pedal uo]p or down does volume then twist the pedal and you have tone control .

Probably one of my favorites and the only pedal that was is in my chain whenever I perform. [thumbup]

544203.jpg

Archived