Gibson Brands Forums

Bad News

suburude63

I just reeived some very bad news! Medical news . I unfortunatly "may" Have to sell my 3 guitars

57 SJ

37 L00

2006 Greven L00v

This will not be a barn sale as know what there worth as you know. If you are wanting more info and priceing suburude@comcast.net

I thought you guys should get first wack. subu

Hey, sorry to hear about that. But get your health related thing sorted out first. Of course, you can always get a

pretty fun cheap guitar & work your way back to the fancy stuff. It's the singer, not the song (or in this case, the guitar). Hopefully, there are options that will allow you to hold on to a "keeper" or 2, you know, for "therapeutic" reasons.

Last time I was at a major guitar show, standing next to guy, both of us admiring the same guitar. I then happened to

notice that he had lost his hand, above the wrist. He still loved guitars. Music will find a way to get out of you.

Wishing you health.

Oh dear Subu [crying] This is not good. I hope this is the case where *they* paint the worst case scenario, as doctors usually do, and things aren't as bad as they seem in the long run. 57classic is right, tho'.... guitars are replaceable, if that's what it comes down to. I'm hoping it doesn't. I guess the other thing is if it does come down to that, selling them to folks you are regularly in touch with is the next best scenario.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things improve here :unsure:

Wishing you the best, man.

One thing I've learned from friends and family who've faced health issues is that things that used to be game-enders not that long ago are routinely beaten these days. I have several relatives who've had health issues that we didn't expect them to recover from. Not only have they recovered, they've recovered well, really being as good as before the affliction struck. And it's not just my family, by any means. The episode and recovery process were fairly tough but at the end, these folks went on to enjoy many more years without enduring problems. The lesson I've learned from this is that when something really, really bad happens regarding health, it's typically a hurdle to get over, followed by many more years of feeling good and functioning well. So, keep as positive as you can in the face of all of this and know that you have friends rooting for you.

Wishing You All The Best.

Don't know if it would work for you but around here the pickers sometimes do a guaranteed buy back deal when somebody is forced to sell a guitar by any kind of a downturn. Does not mean that you automatically get the guitar back but rather that the buyer gives you first crack at it if it goes up for sale in the future at the price paid. I actually did get a guitar back once like this.

Again, hope your troubles go by the wayside real soon.

Archived