Gibson Brands Forums

Ukulele Appreciation Day = Sunday 13 February 2011

eggs

Following on from Notes Norton's excellent Jake Shimabukuro 'Bohemian Rhapsody' thread, I would like to propose the establishment of the above 'Appreciation Day'

C'mon & share the love at http://ukuleleunderground.com/forum next Sunday 13 February 2011

And why not tell the folks on all those other Guitar Forums we loiter on to join in the fun as well, for as Jake says... "the world would be a better place if everyone played ukulele" [wink]

PS: As she was explaining her extreme U.A.S to me about a month ago, I suggested to my daughter's uke playing friend that I was gonna kick this event off here (the beer spoketh [laugh] ) & now she keeps asking me when it's happening... so, I actually really need your help on this one forum-brethren [-o<

No problem I don't discriminate based on size or string count at all. I have 4 Mandolins and 3 Ukelele's and love them all, I even have a 4 string Epi Mandobird electric that I tune and play as a Uke . Sitting around the house with friends and the family I get out my tenor Uke or even the baritone Uke (or tenor guitar depending on who you ask) and thats what I play. Even playing shows I play the Uke a few times a night especially after Jake and Jason MRAZ have made them popular again. I spend at least two weeks in Maui twice a year so you gotta play Uke and slack-key if you wanna jamb with any of the boys.

No problem I don't discriminate based on size or string count at all. I have 4 Mandolins and 3 Ukelele's and love them all, I even have a 4 string Epi Mandobird electric that I tune and play as a Uke . Sitting around the house with friends and the family I get out my tenor Uke or even the baritone Uke (or tenor guitar depending on who you ask) and thats what I play. Even playing shows I play the Uke a few times a night especially after Jake and Jason MRAZ have made them popular again. I spend at least two weeks in Maui twice a year so you gotta play Uke and slack-key if you wanna jamb with and of the boys.

That's the spirit retro... only 5 more sleeps to go!

I've set the following thread up on Ukulele Underground if any of you guitar slingers want to 'share the love' with our little brothers & sisters tomorrow.

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?42027-Ukulele-Appreciation-Day

Only 1 more sleep!

BUMP... IT'S TODAY.

C'mon, it's a 'flash event' just for a laugh!

Cheers,

Archived