Gibson Brands Forums

The most beautiful guitar shape EVER!!!!

onewilyfool

I know the blush is still on the rose, but I feel that the "L" shaped guitars from the '20's and '30's.... are the MOST beautiful shape guitar Gibson ever made.....I'm particular to the archtops, but the flat tops are similarly beautiful, but just not as three dimensional as the archtop.......just saying......

1292359257-247JPG_m.jpg

1292359120-113JPG_m.jpg

• 3 months later...

Just a follow-up on this little guitar::

I really LOVE the "plunky" sound of this little guy. It has a very heavy "v" neck that I actually find very comfortable ..........for short periods........I find that if I play for a long time my fretting hand becomes fatigued somewhat...so that is a bit of a drawback....any of you find that with chunky necks??? I've had the same strings on this for 6 months...lol...and I don't think they need changing yet...lol....that is one good thing about the "architecture" of these little archtops, the strings don't have to be fresh to sound good. VERY comfortable size to play, really a 13 1/2" Parlor archtop for all intents and purposes.....this guitar is a great little blues machine.....good for jazz comping......if you get a chance to play one DO try them out....they are fun!

Wily...tsk, tsk. I think that you have become nothing more than a wood letch!!! Every couple of weeks you meet a new beauty, interestingly...most with quite ample bottoms, then you "fall in love" again.[tongue] BTW sir, please don't abandon quest for the interesting machines out there. Everyone enjoys the artistry of your one of a kind descriptions as much as your actual finds, and I just know there has to be more inspirational guitars out there.

I know the blush is still on the rose, but I feel that the "L" shaped guitars from the '20's and '30's.... are the MOST beautiful shape guitar Gibson ever made.....I'm particular to the archtops, but the flat tops are similarly beautiful, but just not as three dimensional as the archtop.......just saying......

1292359257-247JPG_m.jpg

1292359120-113JPG_m.jpg

Penitence is something that enervates our spirit, causing a greater loss than loss itself and making a bigger mistake than mistake itself, so never regret.

Anyone not experiencing regret for anything is probably a life half-lived though, no? Surely your mistakes, regrets and the subsequent penitence are the greatest educators you can have.

Archived