Gibson Brands Forums

ES 339 Reviews?

Murph

That 's a ton of great info , thanks. Yes what is the nut made of and I looked at the the tone pros, not really an issue but for sure a good upgrade. If you can provide any details as which one to order , that would be great and yes , USA made, usa measurments .

For Tone Pros stuff I have had very good service from Brian at Marquis Distributing. There's a link to them on the Tone Pros site, and they are very responsive by phone or email. Send him a photo and he'll make sure you're getting the proper bridge.

One thing to decide is whether you want pre-notched saddles so you can slap the bridge on yourself, or to do it properly like the original bridge, you get un-notched saddles for professional installation (which requires either an experienced eye or a proportional string spacing ruler to mark out the saddle notches, and usually a set of nut slot files to finish the notches). Ironically enough, the ad copy on the Gibson site for the newest incarnation of the Les Paul Standard says that the saddles on the tone pros bridges are pre-notched - yet the one I saw in the store definitely was proportionally spaced since the notches were not in the middle of the saddles and must have been done by hand the old way.

Dunno about the nut material, it's awfully white and homogenous. Maybe the Custom Admin can answer on another post in the custom forum whether it's Corian or bone? I'm not really concerned since I don't see a need to replace it (the nut slots were already cut to a nice low depth and there wasn't much extra material in between the strings, all that was needed was a polish of one or two slots to get rid of string ching-king).

Archived